Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midweek flexible changeover day?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, once again I start the process to try and put together a cheap ski trip in half-term.

This time the cheapest time to fly seems to be midweek...so anyone know of any accomodation in a snowsure resort, within reasonable distance of Geneva with flexible changeover days?

Self-catering, suitable for 4 - preferable two bedrooms - and available half-term week...

not asking for much am I?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimom, you shouldn't need to worry about anywhere being "snowsure" in February.

You could try sending a PM to DallyPaul - he does flexible B&B and may just have some space.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I saw this I thought Wayne was back wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have a look at this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56773 there might be something useful in it (if it's not gone already)

I think your problem will be finding accommodation..for example a bunch of anglos rent their places in la tania thru the latania.co.uk website, and it's all booked for that week. http://www.latania.co.uk/apartments/CHECK/searchDates.php (you'll need to change the dates in the drop-down)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimom, I think you'll be VERY lucky to find anything which meets a couple of those criteria. All the apartments I know anything about (which is quite a few now, with friends and neighbours) have been rented for half term for months now. And that's in a fairly obscure resort, where there are certainly quite a few empty beds for much of the year.

Most French accommodation websites wouldn't even let you search on a Weds/Weds date.

You might find accommodation in a hotel in a town within easy driving distance of slopes - for example Sallanches. There are a number of good options, including Flaine, Les Houches and Combloux/Megeve which would be easy for a day from there.

Flying midweek presumably means taking the kids out of school for a couple of days. Why not go the whole hog and take them out for 5 days, and holiday before the big half term holiday period starts on 7 Feb? Fraction of the price, quiet pistes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rent a car - stay in a valley town not a resort, simples. The Brit mentality of must be ski in/out is nuts at peak times.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

have a look at this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56773 there might be something useful in it (if it's not gone already)

The small apartment near La Clusaz is still available for a midweek rental over half term.
Our neighbours studio in Champagny may also be available for a midweek rental. It has a separate sleeping area with bunk beds and a sofa bed in the living area and is suitable for a family of 4. He has not advertised this year and so has lots of availability.
If any of these are of interest to you send me a PM and I will forward you more details.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
We had exactly this problem last year, and ended up staying at Apex Morzine (DallyPaul) from Wed to Sun. Morzine was brilliant, with loads of snow and variety, Just remember the ski schools in Morzine will not be interested in giving you any lessons starting mid-week in there busiest week. We found that out the hard way! Also prebook equipment, as we had trouble getting a snowboard for my 9 year old too!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Rent a car - stay in a valley town not a resort, simples. The Brit mentality of must be ski in/out is nuts at peak times.

Agreed.

Quote:

for example Sallanches. There are a number of good options, including Flaine, Les Houches and Combloux/Megeve which would be easy for a day from there.

Agreed - Sallanches Ibis hotel is reaonably priced, flexible on dates - and 15 mins drive from Combloux, which is an excellent, undiscovered (in the UK), family friendly resort that is linked to Megeve. Sallanches' restaurant prices are also very affordable compared to up the mountain.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Contamines is another easy day from Sallanches - a good bet if the snow in Combloux is a bit iffy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy