Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Waxing (skis or boards!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone pass on some wisdom/experience/thoughts please?

We have just sent our skis/boards away for their yearly edge and wax before our trip to Les Arcs in Jan (really excited!), but what we would really like to know is: Is it worth using one of those rub on wax sticks mid-week or daily? Do they work? Would we notice any difference? Or is the yearly service sufficient?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find that Zardoz Notwax is the best for a quick top up. Been mentioned on other threads a number of times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve203rd, Zardoz is the only one worth the cash and I'd only use that when it's really warm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies - I may ask Santa for a stocking filler then!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve203rd wrote:
Thanks for the replies - I may ask Santa for a stocking filler then!

Good idea. Make sure she has some Zardoz with her... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zardoz works brillinatly on warmer/wet snow. The Toko wipe on liquid is better for colder dry snow. Both work well and add noticable glide and protection

Better yet get some toko universal wax and a cork, Each night warm the wax on a radiator a little, rub it on the base or crayon it on and rub it in with the cork

I personally liquid wax each morning and lunchtime, and rewax with an iron every 2/3 or so days or when the base looks dry. But My skis also have several good waxings before I go. Shop waxes are normally minimal wipes from a machine and the edge tuning is often terrible

Much better is to go to www.skituning.co.uk and let Jon show you how cheap and easy it is to wax and tune your ski's yourself to a much higher standared than most shops
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy