Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin Tips length...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to buy Stockli Rotrs 72, new TT for 09/10. I am 5'4" and weigh 120 lbs, and have length question. Never skied TT, my current gear: Stockli Laser SL fis 156 cm. Length choice of Rotors is samewhat tricky for me becouse I have to order them next week and have no chance for demo. I am considering 167 cm because effective length of TT is a bit shorter then flat tailed skis, I think. I want to use them on and off piste as medium turn device for variable snow conditions and 157 cm, I suspect, could be too short and unstable.
Thanks in advance for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd go long, thats a pretty narrow looking ski by some snowHead standards, is it full tiwn or semi?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What is the difference between full twin and semi ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MG, The tail of the semi is only slightly turned up relative to the tip where a full twintip will be turned up a similar amount to the tip.
Full twin will ski shorter than a semi of the same length.

You are very light. IMO a 167 twin would not be a problem for you if you are happy on 156 slalom skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, so ROTORS are for sure semi twins, will order 167 cm. I expect them to be something between citizen GS and slalom carver with good stability and capable to ski moguls and crud.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just arrived my new Stockli Rotors 72, 167 cm ( actualy 166 cm ), effective edge length is 135 cm ONLY Shocked Skis are light, very elastic longitudionaly ( ? proper word ? ), rigid torsionaly, very smart SALOMON bindings, demo like. REAL TTips, not semi.
Nice graphics Very Happy Placing them into outside gondolas door pocket...will be tricky or even impossible Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="MG"] Placing them into outside gondolas door pocket...will be tricky or even impossible

put them in separate pockets or take them inside, but usually splitting them works.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah splitting is fine i ski 171's tt and i only weigh 58kgs I am 5"8 you should be fine, just rock back and let em fly!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I examined my NEW Rotors using true bar and... bases are concave all the way long on both skis, about 0.2/0.3 mm. Is this that famous " precision swiss tuning " or crap job ? Have I to plane new ski bases or forget about it until first maschine job ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the base should be flat for sure, the first service will fix it or maybe even contact them and see what they say.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy