Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Bindings Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, maybe somebody out there can help.
I have to use two different, matching pairs of ski boots (disability).
I use Marker Twincam 44 bindings(downhill). My question is when I change from one pair of boots to another, can I just move the adjustment on the back binding(12 clicks)? I've tried it and it seems to look ok. I can't go to a ski shop every time I have to change boodts. Is "not moving the front binding at all, and adjusting only the rear binding ok?
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks,
TM tfm1946@yahoo.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't see why not: when you rent skis from a hire shop that is all they do to adjust the ski to fit your boot. Check with the manufacturer (or your local friendly independant shop!) if you are at all unsure as to how to do it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TomMahan, I don't see the Marker Twincam 44 on the indemnified bindings list. Sometimes Marker's 1s look like 4s especially to US eyes, is it possible you have an M41?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, Thanks for the reply. They are in fact Marker 44 Twin Cam bindings. It's written right on them. They are probably about 8 years old. They are in great shape, and the writing is easy to read. TY
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, Reply #2............You're right they are M41 's. I hate when that happens. New Glasses coming soon to help the "US eyes". Thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TomMahan, not to worry, happens all the time on fleaBay.

How often do you change boots? (I read "two different, matching pairs" to mean you use 2 of the same boot model at any given time).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, Yes I do use two pairs as you described...same brand only 12 clicks on the rear bindings different (hard to explain why). I will sometimes have to change the boots every other day on a week long trip.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TomMahan, sounds like quite a problem.

If I wasn't on a super-tight budget and I had a problem like that, I would try to find some of Marker's Speedpoint demo bindings. Then I would have the shop adjust the binding for the larger of the two sets of boots.

Advantages over your current setup are, aside from new, improved and more reliable because less worn:

- Adjustment for boot size doesn't affect shop-adjusted release settings
- One adjustment for toe and heel simultaneously so that each boot is centered

Just something to think about when shopping for new gear; if your skis are as old as the bindings then they might be due to be replaced?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, Thanks very much for the info...I appreciate it. I guess 2 pairs of skis might be the answer...
I just bought a new pair of Bandits ( Rossies ). Thanks again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy