Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pet hates on the piste

Poster: A snowHead
stevomcd wrote:
My mate tells a story of a seasonnaire in Whistler who went out on April 1st wearing a baby carrier with a life-like doll installed. He spent the day dropping cliffs, hitting kickers and doing backflips, in sight of the lifts. Made me laugh. Toofy Grin

That would be funny to watch and worth £100 on YBF.. wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
haha yeah thats quality! i'd love to throw a flip under the chair with it not secured properly then just ride off down the slope........
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pistes that have been closed and are being used by ESF for lessons...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cantridepete wrote:
Not much bothers me, except the tw@ of a skiier who took my girlfriend out (while on a lesson) and skiied off shouting to his mate "i got one".

God how awful. Are you ugly? Small dick? Halitosis?

Coat.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dicking about in the morning with people who faff about and can't get themselves sorted, but who can't be left behind for all the shoite creating merry hell that WILL be visited.

Oh and rucksack wearers in godola's, and trains, the underground etc etc. Man do those ignorant feckers p!55 me orf!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sharing a mountain with some of the characters above.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rolling eyes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 22-11-09 17:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAVE 2227, You'll really enjoy snowheads then rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...I hate... Little kids who aren't old enough to walk, but light enough to snowplow down middle of the steepest run. Especially when they come past me, down some horribly moguled black that I've got on and shouldn't have attempted, while I stand at the edge wondering what to do now!

...but I love... Watching from a lift as some little kids snowplows down middle of some horribly moguled black, while thier instructor/parent trys to keep up.

adrian
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I get mildly disgruntled by inconsiderate people whether at home, skiing or somewhere else, some notable examples:

- not filling chairlifts when there is a big queue
- the Dad snow-ploughing down the middle of the pipe at Mottaret with his 2 year old kid
- the ski instructor leading his caterpillar of 7 year olds across the landing of a small kicker in Alpe d'Huez that you could not see from the run in
- people going too fast on crowded pistes, even if they are in control

Frankly though this is no different to people who take up chairs on the tube with their bags in rush hour or neighbours who play loud music in the wee hours of the moring - but perhaps on holiday every one becomes a little more selfish
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oooo, finally thought of one. Skiers on the luge/toboggan/sledge runs Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott, oh and tobogganers (very young children/babies included) who start their late afternoon session before the lifts have closed. Where? On the bottom of the pistes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When I'm standing at the side of the piste - the person who skis at high speed through the small gap I have left between my skis and the edge of the piste. Come to think of it - anyone who comes close enough for me to touch with a ski pole.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jehu, If you "touch" them firmly enough with your pole they might get the hint Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Re the slow traversers, I really don't understand narc's problem. You learnt how to ski once, you are saying you NEVER got on a slope that was beyond your ability? Or if you did, did you just take one of the brave pills and try it fast posing a danger to anyone below?

There are some ridiculous ones on this thread. A lot of them are aimed at newbies, did you pop out of your mother knowing how to ski with the FIS code imprinted into your brain?

My pet hate is not piste specific, I just hate ignorant people. rolling eyes
latest report
anotherproblem wrote:
Re the slow traversers, I really don't understand narc's problem. You learnt how to ski once, you are saying you NEVER got on a slope that was beyond your ability? Or if you did, did you just take one of the brave pills and try it fast posing a danger to anyone below?

Traversing every inch of the slope width is not necessary in any situation and no, I have never done this. I have also never been on a slope so far beyond my own ability that I was a danger to other skiers.

anotherproblem wrote:
There are some ridiculous ones on this thread. A lot of them are aimed at newbies, did you pop out of your mother knowing how to ski with the FIS code imprinted into your brain?

No, I read the back of my lift pass. How about people learning to drive don't learn what any of the signs or road markings mean (because they didn't pop out of their mother knowing them) do whatever they want and when they crash into you you'll say "it's OK they are newbies". Ignorance is not an excuse.

anotherproblem wrote:
My pet hate is not piste specific, I just hate ignorant people. rolling eyes

Given your statement above re: FIS code, I hope the irony of stating this is not lost on you
ski holidays
narc,
Quote:
Traversing every inch of the slope width is not necessary in any situation

Absolute tosh.

Quote:
I have also never been on a slope so far beyond my own ability that I was a danger to other skiers

I bow down to you Ullr, Norse God of skiing. Clearly you are blessed with the skills to deal with any terrain, or an excellent sense of direction and never turned down the wrong piste.

Quote:
How about people learning to drive don't learn what any of the signs or road markings mean (because they didn't pop out of their mother knowing them)

Bit different really, if you are learning to drive you have someone sat next to you who is supposed to tell you what they mean and 9 times out of 10 for learners they have an ADI next to them with dual controls.

FIS CODE,
Quote:
OVERTAKING - Make sure that you leave enough room when overtaking others for any voluntary or involuntary movements that they may make

You read the back of your lift pass? Must of got bored by the time you got to that one

FIS CODE,
Quote:
CONTROL OF SPEED AND SKIING - You must be in control, and adapt your speed and manner of skiing to your ability and the prevailing conditions of terrain, snow and weather, as well as to the density of other skiers

If by doing anything other than shallow traverses they would quite likely not be in control any more. What they are doing is adapting their manner of skiing to their ability.
The people you "hate" are breaking no rules by this code, which implies they probably have read it and are not ignorant to it.
However I was possibly wrong in stating,

Quote:
with the FIS code imprinted into your brain

because clearly, you are not very familiar with it at all.
You might want to take a look here.
latest report
Quote:
as well as to the density of other skiers

Always wise to take into account.

wink Toofy Grin
latest report
Any one who is anal enough to quote the FIS code to me if I get anywhere near them.
snow conditions
The fact that you can't get Marmite in local supermarkets.
Other than that, everything's peachy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
nixmap, I wouldn't normally, but I felt it necessary for the first time ever Happy

Wayne, why oh why would you want to eat that nasty brown rubbish Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I love this thread! I can't wait to get grumpy in a lift queue or sigh at the price of a pint!
ski holidays
Snoozie, The price of a beer in Tigne nearly made me cry Sad
snow report
Intolerant people.
snow conditions
paulio,
Is it possible to be intolerant or intolerant people ? Would that not be a form of self abuse ? Who knows Puzzled

anotherproblem wrote:
Wayne, why oh why would you want to eat that nasty brown rubbish Evil or Very Mad

MMMmmmmmm. Lots of Marmite thickly spread over hot buttered chunky brown toast. You don't know what you're missing.
snow report
paulio your inverse humor is priceless, does it take you time, or do you just think like that all time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy