Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Camp are recruiting volunteers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

Snow Camp are in the process of recruting volunteers for next year's trip to Vars in France.

Here is the link to their website:

http://www.snow-camp.co.uk/

For a really quick intro as to what it's all about, watch the video:

http://www.snow-camp.co.uk/video.php?view=2009

You can contact Liv Cheasty or Dan Charlish if you're interested in finding out more. Contact details are

info@snow-camp.co.uk
mobile: 07930 695384

I'm volunteering with Snow Camp this season, so it will be great to meet any other Snow Camp Snowheads Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spoke with the Snowcamp people at Olympia last month, I think what they do is brilliant and maybe one season I'll do that.

Organisations like this are uplifting to hear about.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like an American College romp - does anyone do anything unsavoury with a glass of warm gluhwein or stick a pole up their pu.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guvnor wrote:
Sounds like an American College romp - does anyone do anything unsavoury with a glass of warm gluhwein or stick a pole up their pu.....

Great story Hansel. rolling eyes

It's a great cause, I worked with a few groups of inner city kids from Salt Lake City a couple of years back and will be giving these guys a shout for sure. More people should get involved, it really can make a difference for these kids.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks pretty interesting. You got any more info on it? I haven't found anything on there about volunteering. I'm sure its there somewhere though. Are they just looking for youth workers or other sort of poistions as well?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowqueen11, I'd volunteer for that like shot, but I don't see anything on their website that says they want volunteer helpers - do they?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I saw their stand at the ski show and was curious to see if it was just jollys for hooligans or something better. I took a flyer to read and was about to leave the stand when I was engaged by a guy on the stand, he was incredibly interesting to talk to, I heard all about the work they do, how kids are reffered and some of the succesful outcomes. Tabloids love to write negative stufff about "giving young louts" freebie holidays but this appears to be far from reality. I'm sure they save/convert a few souls from a life of crime or at least turn the lights on for many young people.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi all,

I contacted Snow Camp a few months ago to see if they needed any volunteer ski instructors. I then met with Dan at Hemel a few weeks ago, as I taught last year's graduates on a ski refresher course. Those guys were totally brilliant, and have been chosen to be the youth forum leaders.

Snow Camp don't require volunteer ski instructors for their trip on 3rd April to Vars in France, as they use ESF instructors. They are taking approximately 200 young people out this year along with their youth workers, and Liv explained they require about 20-25 volunteers to work in a support function. The volunteers will be delivering the life skills programme that takes place alongside the ski instruction. I'm not too sure of the exact details, but it's like a 2 hour or so daily programme where you work with the kids to help them figure out how they can apply what their learning while they're skiing/boarding to daily life.

So, volunteers need to available for the following:

an interview
full CRB check
Shadowing on the graduate (London programme) - how much you do of this will depend on your previous experience working with young people, or skiing (I'm only doing 1 or 2 days) but sessions are taking place monthly until April, so you can pick the times that suit.

27th February - volunteer training programme (I think this is a day)

13th/14th March - a weekend of residential training with fellow volunteers and youth workers

April 3rd - 10th - out to Vars

Volunteers also have to be able to fund raise £500.

If you email Snow camp above, they'll be able to send out a volunteer pack for you. Liv siad they were looking for more volunteers, so please get in contact.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have e-mailed them this morning for a Volunteer Pack, so will review that once I get it and then take it from there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy