Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica don't offer offsets on high range boots?

Poster: A snowHead
I have been very pleased with my Dobermann Aggressors, as has Mrs UANN. I don't think the offset foot angle is a marketing gimmick.

I understand that the current range don't offer an offset version.

This is very disappointing as I was going to buy a new pair next year.

Might have to be Atomics, or something.

Thoughts, opinions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
get whatever boots the bootfitter says are correct for your feet, ability, and flex....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, I'm very pleased with mine too.

My guess is that you either need them or you don't. If you can learn to race at a high level in a conventional boot then there may not be much point in switching to an offset stance one. Maybe Nordica found that most of their current customers for these boots don't have to make all that much change in alignment, perhaps if they could have given it a few years they would have seen extra kids progress to a high level who would otherwise have given up.

There are still the Fischer boots too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:

Thoughts, opinions?

Buy her skis with a bigger tip to tail taper?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski,

I know what's correct for my feet, ability, flex, etc. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, yeah, but, if there was an advantage to offsetting, one would assume it had been tested and resulted in a few hundredths off times. And if not, why were they trying to market in the first place. So, assuming there was an advantage, why drop the idea.

My problem of course is that I went from a 6 season pair of tecnicas that were a bit softer and had lost most precision, to a very close fitting boot. Was the percieved improvement from the offset or not? Who knows?

I didn't like the Fischers as much Crying or Very sad

comprex, or maybe offset the binding plates?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
main reason it has been dropped is it was not comercial...very expensive way to discover that a last is not comercial make 9 of them at ~c~ €120,000 a pop then bin them after 2 seasons

OTOH if they had put it into the hot rod range then they may have been able to sell it in a more mainstream way rather then just to the racers

personally i thought they had it just about right in terms of the offest, the fisher is just a bit too aggresssive in its position and has reportedly caused a few problems in the USA... there are always tricks that can be done, but they are very special tricks and not for on here Little Angel Little Angel

you could do an internet trawl and pick up a pair in clearence seeing as YOU know what is correct wink wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, blithering idiots! Surely the business economics of ski boots are relatively well understood by now? Clearly not!

I may well have to do the internet thing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
kitenski,

I know what's correct for my feet, ability, flex, etc. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Fine then, pick up some cheap boots on ebay, but don't then don't come back here complaining they hurt, don't fit etc etc Very Happy wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Am I likely to? I know they'll hurt. Isn't that part of the attraction to the sport?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, < was that new name Mr Whiplash?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
kitenski, Am I likely to? I know they'll hurt. Isn't that part of the attraction to the sport?

well apparently Nordia are doing these new offset boots that don't hurt.....................

TAXI!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name, Lockwoods still have some, Bartletts and Blues were the other UK stockists. You could also try Ski Clinic, they sold them last season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs, so I see, and I think in the corrrect size.

I'm going to have to wait though, as funds are under pressure elsewhere. Ho hum.

Mosha Marc, kitenski, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name, Get your ass underground, at least they will be the right size this time, otherwise I have a pair in the size you got.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, swap you some sausages for the right size? You got 'em in red? or orange?
snow report
CEM, I thought they had put it into the Hot Rod range for this year?
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
under a new name, Lockwoods still have some, Bartletts and Blues were the other UK stockists. You could also try Ski Clinic, they sold them last season.

so it sold well for them then wink
snow report
under a new name - someone on ebay seems to be carrying a shed load of the 06 boots at a good price.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy