Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra (Arinsal) Hotel question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

After several years spoiling ourselves in some great resorts we are taking the kids for the first time. We are thinking Andorra and are looking at Hotel Solana in Arinsal. Its looks basic and you get what you pay for I guess, anyone been ??

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi BenSki25,
I know the Solana well, although I haven't been in any of the bedrooms for a couple of years (that sounds weird, I know). It is basic, but is reasonably comfortable and fairly well-regarded by past guests. It's about 250 metres down the main road from the gondola & bars/restaurants which are clustered in Arinsal village centre. It has an indoor swimming pool (really tiny though) and a popular big bar/club in the basement (roadside ground floor entrance).
Imagine the sort of standard 3-star hotels you see all over the Med and that's pretty much what to expect.
There's not much to do in the evenings for children in Arinsal, but if your kids are either very young or in their mid-late teens it'll be ok.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I stayed here about 9 years ago. As mentioned above it is basic but it was fine for us. We didnt have any kids with us though but the pool, although small, will be good for them for a dip.

As I remember there was a buffet for breakfast and dinner so you could pick your own things and load your plate up on things you liked!

One thing though is the transfer - are you going with a TO? 4 hours on a coach from Toulouse might not be the best for little ones?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stayed there last year, basic but not bad. Had a good stay and it's in a good spot in the village.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ben,
Try Direct Ski for a deal to Princessa Park. It looks more expensive to start with, but kids stay and eat free, and under 11's get free ski passes for Arinsal with Direct Ski or Ski McNeill. It has worked out cheaper for us to stay half board in Princessa Park through Ski McNeill than to go self catering on a DIY package (Kids are now 10 and Cool. Transfers are a pain though, but on the way there the kids are so excited that they don't notice, and on the way back I am so knackered that I don't notice the kids getting bored Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy