Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy, Passo Tonale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would agree with all the positive comments on here. We went to PT for New Year 07 and had a great week. The 10 course New Year Gala dinner was incredible and the New Year fireworks unbelievably noisy. I'd also recommend an afternoon's wander round the village of Ponte Di Legno if you want a couple of hours off the snow. It's very pretty with some great shops including the most amazing hardware shop (think 2 Ronnies "fork handles" sketch! We went down and back on the gondola and had a fab meal in the villlage too. Hope you enjoy it. Oh and the transfer from Verona round Lake Garda was spectacular.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any tips on where to ski? Passo Tonale, Ponte d Leg, Mad d Camp? Are they all close together? Staying in Passo and would be good to know how far away the good runs are...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
williams691, Madonna Di Campiglio is about 1 hour or so away by bus - I think get off at Marilleva (sp) and ski over. Anyway, well worth it IMHO.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chasseur, thanks for that. Madonna Di Campiglio it is for one day then, what about Ponte Di Legno? Any tips people Happy cheers...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
williams691, Ponte di Legno is linked to Passo Tonale by lift and piste. It's especially good for cloudy and/or windy days as it has tree-lined runs whereas PT is all above the tree line. However, being a lot lower the snow conditions may not be as good. It was horrid and slushy down there when I was in PT March 2006. It's a nice small village where PT feels a bit more like a remote collection of buildings along a high mountain pass.

Madonna DC is definitely well worth a day visit. Some great skiing there and fantastic mountain huts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
williams691,
Quote:
Any tips on where to ski? Passo Tonale, Ponte d Leg, Mad d Camp?

Went last Jan and snow conditions were fantastic; nice squeaky powder.... Previous posters have pretty much said it all; it's probably not a place I'd rush back to but we did enjoy our time there. You'll do PT fairly quickly if you're at least intermediate level. I preferred neighbouring Ponte di Legno for more variety and character; the two areas are linked so it's easy to travel across. Madonna di Campiglio is definately recommended for at least one day; you'll probably find your TO has a day trip to Campiglio on the itinerary (for around €25) but you can also book at the tourist office for a space on a free transfer bus; first come first served so suggest you book early if you want to take advantage of that. Different character again to PT and PdL and my favourite of the three. We didn't manage to cover all of Campiglio in one day and my only regret was that we didn't go back there for another day. There's a great restaurant over in Campiglio called Chalet Fiat (yes, of the car firm); great food inside and they also had a nice barbecue on the go when we went. http://www.chaletfiat.com/

Apres in PT is pretty low-key; a few bars dotted around. The Hotel Miramonti has a disco-pub which is worth a looksy later in the evening when you're bored with the other bars; they had a gentlemen's evening there on one of the nights Toofy Grin Laughing which, perhaps unexpectedly, was well supported by the local Italian ladies.

Oh, don't forget to sink a few bombardinos over the course of the week; an absolute must Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who said Passo Tonale is snow sure, pic from Easter 07, although it had been like this most of the season. PDL much nicer and their are some great places to eat out.
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/9571/title/passo-tonale-april-07/cat/500
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kel,

That does look a bit grim, but at least you got a good tan Toofy Grin .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, When You've finished, that's my Missus you're talking about. Razz Razz
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy