Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foot pains

Poster: A snowHead
When im sking i get these terrible pains in my feet. Ive only done 6 weeks but i get them every time i ski. Basically it feels like a very sharp hot pain on the ball of my feet and also im my toes, and also feels like my sock has slipped under my foot but it hasnt. What i have to do to ease the pain is literally take my boot and sock off and press it and rub it. I have to do this for about 10 mins before i carry on and sometimes i have to put my foot in the snow to cool it down. Does anyone else have oe know what this may be??? any help much appreciated, cheers rick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder, I used to get that too. See a good boot fitter. AFAIK no good DIY solution...( I had it for 38 years...)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Metatarsalgia?

See a boot fitter and get some custom footbeds made.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis wrote:
Metatarsalgia?

See a boot fitter and get some custom footbeds made.

that word doesnt sound good, what is it, is it bad??? i have always had hire boots not got my own, can i get anything to actually put in a hire boot that may help???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

that word doesnt sound good, what is it, is it bad???

It means 'sore foot'. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just read up on it, this is certainly what i have. it does feel as though my foot is actually on fire at times, i only ever get it hen i ski though. doctors for me then i think!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used to get this so badly, i'd have a slightly numb foot until mid summer. Thin cotton socks were the answer for me. You don't need traditional thick ski socks in modern ski boots, I buy a 6 pack of thin cotton socks to take on a weeks skiing, superbly comfortable and I've never had cold feet. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i just hope if i go and see a doctor or podiatrist they will say dont go skiing, and that isnt good i live for the winter!!! who should i go to actually, a podiatrist or local gp??? cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Basically it feels like a very sharp hot pain on the ball of my feet and also im my toes
Sounds like what I get from wearing high heels!

Quote:
Who should i go to actually, a podiatrist or local gp??? cheers

Err, what altis said
Quote:
See a boot fitter
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and will custom footbeds fit and ski boot i hire?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricklovesthepowder, What isn't being said is see a bootfitter and buy your own boots
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

My foot beds fit in my hiking boots, touring ski boots and downhill boots, bit of a fiddle changing them around but really helps. You certainly notice the difference with some proper custom footbeds if you are racking up the miles.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Yes, probably. Far better though to invest in your own boots, properly fitted by a boot fitter not just a boot seller.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers guys, are snow and rock any good, if not, where else would you recommend??? cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, here snowHead
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, 'Metatarsalgia' is a catch all term used to cover just about any painful problem in the forefoot so you may need to see a Podiatrist to identify the cause as well as a bootfitter to make the relevant adjustments.

in garbure we trust, You are doing well, often different types of devices are required for skiing, in a rigid boot where the foot is apropulsive and largly needs stabilisation in a relatively fixed position, and walking, where the foot is propulsive, mobile and adapting to the different phases of gait.
snow report
I could be that you are doing your boots up too tight and squashing your feet.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder,
Treat your feet to what they deserve : true comfort
The foot and sportshoe expert is : Mark Festor
www.total-feet.com 25mn from downton Geneva
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder,
Treat your feet to what they deserve : true comfort
The foot and sportshoe expert is : Mark Festor
www.total-feet.com 25mn from downtown Geneva
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy