Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Burton SLX boots are AMAZING!!

Poster: A snowHead
Ok so i brought a pair of ebay. Risking the fact that they may not be the right size but oh well. They arrived today and i've been walking around my house all day in them. SO DAMN Comfortable!!!.
Think they'll go well with my Custom V

Now just to buy a pair of EST bindings CO2 or Cartels?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would, and have, bought boards and bindings off ebay but would not consider buying boots. Fair play though sounds like you dropped lucky! Was looking for Cartels myself on ebay but they are still fetching high prices even used, ended up with Union Forces. Good luck on the hunt!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CO2 FTW
I find the cartels a bit too aggressive. My Co2 have maximum forward lean (5) when I ride, with cartel I go at 1.
Well I used to until I went to raiden Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CO2 + 1. Mine are a couple of years old now, 100+ days on them, almost good as new. Comfiest bindings I've ever had but still with very good response.

Exactly the same as Jonny on the forward lean, the "Team Hiback" bindings are almost un-usable at high forward lean, they just stab you in the calf.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
C02s here as well. In EST they are awesome.

That's interesting about Cartels. I set my mates at F4 in La Plagne and he couldn't ride. Backed off to F2 he was fine.

I fitted his new Cartel EST to his Custom X this weekend and we had a shakedown at Hemel yestrday afternoon. He was very happy with how it felt.

I prefer Cartel to Triads but if you can, C02 are the way to go.

My mate paid 180 on ebay.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apart from hire bindings I have only ever ridden with Cartels (oh and once with Union Force). I have em set to F2 and I never have a problem. They've seen 2 weeks so far and they look brand new my old Cartels 05/06 were still going strong after 2 weeks with me and god knows how many weeks with previous owner. They were battered up but were great. You guys are more experienced than me so maybe CO2's are the right choice for you.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 19-11-09 14:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ WesTaylor - You will love the SLX. Uber comfy and sooo responsive. I brought Vans for years but they don't compare to the Burton's. Enjoy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glad your new boots are comfy. On the other hand, may be worth remembering that there are companies other than Burton who make snowboarding gear. Just a thought.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shallimus wrote:
Glad your new boots are comfy. On the other hand, may be worth remembering that there are companies other than Burton who make snowboarding gear. Just a thought.

The clue was in the question.. its EST bindings and for an ICS board, its only Burton... which is no bad thing as they make the best bindings going, no matter what you think of them.

C02s, if you have the choice - Cartels, a good second choice.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes i could've gone with another brand for boots but i took the chance on ebay as they were going rampantly cheap.

As for bindings as bar shaker, said V rocker requires EST bindings.

Went for CO2's in the end had to raid the bank a little but oh well got them cheapish compared to retail. They weigh nothing but the high back seems a little flimsy. Oh well better not break
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If i haven't broken my co2s then they aren't going to. I really don't look after my stuff.
I've fitted salomon and ride to ics, it does work but i think Burton are keeping that quiet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
C02 are superb and will take all the abuse you can throw at them. The high backs are very resposive in use but the whole set up is ridiculosly comfy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker wrote:
Shallimus wrote:

The clue was in the question.. its EST bindings and for an ICS board, its only Burton... which is no bad thing as they make the best bindings going, no matter what you think of them.

No clue, no question, and I wasn't talking about bindings. Also, your generalisation re: Burton bindings is a bit of a lame duck - you're right that my opinion doesn't make Burton bindings any worse, just as yours doesn't make them "the best". They're certainly the best at fitting together with Burton's proprietary board systems...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shallimus wrote:
bar shaker wrote:
Shallimus wrote:

No clue, no question, and I wasn't talking about bindings. Also, your generalisation re: Burton bindings is a bit of a lame duck - you're right that my opinion doesn't make Burton bindings any worse, just as yours doesn't make them "the best". They're certainly the best at fitting together with Burton's proprietary board systems...

Er... The OP wanted some ESTs. That was the clue wink

I'm sure there will be others next year but it's Burton only at the mo and CO2s are an awesome binding.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My response was prompted more because it seemed to me (wrongly as it turns out) that WesTaylor was under the impression that the boots (rather than the bindings) could only come from Burton too, although as it turns out I was being hasty as the boots were a well-fitting bargain from ebay (nice when these things work out so well).

I wasn't really addressing OP's question though, so I suppose that's my fail. In the end, ride what works for you (as I think I saw you say on another thread recently). And it is also true that Travis Rice has been seen wearing Cartels quite a lot, so I can only agree that they can't be all bad wink

Now, where did I leave my beloved Flows? wink
snow conditions
LOL, no worries Shallimus and yes, I do believe in riding what works for you. Advice from forums, before you buy, is a fantastic thing... you just need to know what to ask, for the answers to be useful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy