Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Winterhighland, Sad but true

firstracks, Good effort, thanx for the photos Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks easiski snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good to see Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heyarv, In Nov last year you wrote.... "Wonder if we can keep a Scotland thread alive this year?! "

Well I think you have made the longest thread in SH history.

cheers
bob
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Heyarv, In Nov last year you wrote.... "Wonder if we can keep a Scotland thread alive this year?! "

Well I think you have made the longest thread in SH history.

cheers
bob

Very Happy more of the same next year I hope!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, So long as we have a new one next year - not a silly ongoing year on year one like that other place!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, Yep fingers crossed. Might even manage to meet this time for a burger @coe/nevis Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fingers crossed here too. I'm hoping I can get out on our local hills again this coming Winter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops, there were quite a few days I didn't manage to make the journey this year. Hopefully next year my timetable will work out a bit better. I'll be handy in Dowanhill for a lift Wink

easiski, oooh don't know about that Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
scotia, Dowanhill thats about 500m max away from my flat. Happy

If you need a lift anytime pop me a mail. I've PM'd you my personal email.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
glasgowcyclops, cheers, got it. Looking for flats anywhere in G12 really. Just missed one at the bottom of Bowmount Terrace Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scotia,

What happened to arv?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotia, For sale or rent?

If for rent you need to gen in quick now before the Uni gets back. If it is to buy then there are some good deals to be had in Hyndland. Many were over priced and now that folk are getting more realistic there is a lot competing for sale at the same price. I'm not an estate agent, just a keen property watcher. Are you from Glasgow? If not then here is a good tip when you find somethnig you want to go for. Go to the local taxi rank and ask if they generally work an area. Then ask them if there are any dodgy folk in the street. Bung them £10..... it will be the best £10 you ever spend. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
glasgowcyclops, buy but looking more like renting now there doesn't seem to be anything on the property market. Going to do something about it this weekend. It needs to be stumbling distance from Ashton Lane Wink

My Dads friend develops property in the West End so being kept right. Doesn't have much in my price bracket though Laughing

johnboy wrote:
scotia,

What happened to arv?

Just fancied a change.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone have any thoughts on whether the reported (two weeks ago) 200m patch over the back at Cairngorm will be much diminished since the report?

We're thinking of a spot of hiking and sliding this weekend.... Smile
latest report
It's broken in to two patches (along the obviously thin line in the photos that were put up from late July). Cas Headwall saw turns earlier this week as well!
ski holidays
scotia wrote:
glasgowcyclops, buy but looking more like renting now there doesn't seem to be anything on the property market. Going to do something about it this weekend. It needs to be stumbling distance from Ashton Lane Wink

My Dads friend develops property in the West End so being kept right. Doesn't have much in my price bracket though Laughing

johnboy wrote:
scotia,

What happened to arv?

Just fancied a change.

Are you ARV under a different name?
ski holidays
glasgowcyclops, Yeh I am. Apologies for any confusion. You have mail!
snow report

Quote:
Top ten most searched for ski resorts in the UK, week ending 09/01/10

A bit late but a decent graphic nonetheless.
latest report
scotia wrote:

Quote:
Top ten most searched for ski resorts in the UK, week ending 09/01/10

A bit late but a decent graphic nonetheless.

I can't believe you are using Scotia now. I'm telling Mahal!
ski holidays
Probably seen by many as Colin mentions it has been mailed out to season pass holders...

http://blog.cairngormmountain.co.uk/?p=284

Quote:

Future development plans are also in the pipeline. CML is looking at proposals that will improve the winter operation but allow us to get a year-round return on the investment that is made. With the success of the past winter we are a position to progress with a feasibility study on redevelopment of the lower Ciste area. The scope of the project would include: refurbishing and extending the lower Ciste chairlift, installation of a maintenance access track along the length of the lower Ciste chair and the installation of a novice mountain biking route and zip wire in this area, construct a mountain bike features park at the bottom of the lower Ciste and construct an energy efficient new reception building on the existing Ciste site to accommodate the proposed activities. The project is underway and we hope to have indicative project costs together with drawings and detailed trail design by the end of this year with a view to submitting a detailed planning application in the early part of 2011. The timescale on a project of this nature is a moveable feast and is indicative only.
snow report
Ronald, that's good news, zip wire sounds like fun for when the snow hasn't come!!
snow report
Ronald wrote:
Probably seen by many as Colin mentions it has been mailed out to season pass holders...

Quote:

Future development plans are also in the pipeline. CML is looking at proposals that will improve the winter operation but allow us to get a year-round return on the investment that is made. With the success of the past winter we are a position to progress with a feasibility study on redevelopment of the lower Ciste area. The scope of the project would include: refurbishing and extending the lower Ciste chairlift, installation of a maintenance access track along the length of the lower Ciste chair and the installation of a novice mountain biking route and zip wire in this area, construct a mountain bike features park at the bottom of the lower Ciste and construct an energy efficient new reception building on the existing Ciste site to accommodate the proposed activities. The project is underway and we hope to have indicative project costs together with drawings and detailed trail design by the end of this year with a view to submitting a detailed planning application in the early part of 2011. The timescale on a project of this nature is a moveable feast and is indicative only.

Where are the snowguns?
snow report
snow forecast for the tops at the weekend Cool
snow conditions
barry, fook Shocked, we're heading up to the highlands early next week. best pack the riding kit then! (and warn the rents-in-law)
latest report
That was a short summer !

http://www.winterhighland.com/forum/read.php?2,103471,page=71
snow conditions
Very Happy

snow conditions
Im not being funny but.
.Where the hell is the snow in that picture or am i missing something?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, there is definitely a dusting on top - like light icing sugar... and probably lasted as long too!
latest report
Even down here in lowly Warrington we've had what looks like frost on the roofs this morning and the heating has given a few bursts to get us going.

At the moment Mrs A is over in France walking the Tour du Mont Thabor and reports that she was repelled in her second attempt on the summit by snow and high winds.

Let's hope these are early signs of another good winter.
ski holidays
Ronald wrote:

Quote:

Brilliant news and hopefully this means it won't be that long until we see a reinvigorated operation on the Ciste side of the mountain. Well done to Colin and others at CML for listening to those campaiging for the Ciste chairs and vindication for all those who have argued for this over the last few years, even when CML were still desperately clinging to the tatters of the core lifts policy ... something that will now hopefully be quietly buried!
Peter S wrote:
That was a short summer !

http://www.winterhighland.com/forum/read.php?2,103471,page=71

Hurray, hopefully it's an early sign of another good season to come snowHead
latest report
Have I put the kybosh on the snow conditions at Cairngorm? I have booked a couple days at the end of next week and ever since the temperatures have risen and bare patches are appearing on the webcams?!?

I knew I should have waited...... Embarassed

Nick
snow conditions
It's going to be cold next week

Very, very cold.
snow report
Cold and snowy, or just plain cold?
latest report
This is an old thread, there is. 2010/11 running now here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66575&start=520
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy