Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow heads - Help me find a resort!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

SKi'd the last few seasons with a couple of mates, were now looking for somehwere new and decent.

The previous 3 years we have visited Val D'Isere, Meribel (Mottaret) and Alpe D'Huez.

Looking for a new resort, the musts are a large high(enough) ski area and a good nightlife.

We also cant spend anymore than around 375 each for a weeks package holiday. (I.E flights, transfers and accom.)

Been looking at Serstriere and St. Anton, but the latter seems really expensive.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Martin.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What kinds of skiing do you want?

3 suggestions price is very dependent on when you are going, what accom you want etc etc

Verbier
Chamonix
Les 2 Alpes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 6-11-09 16:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been looking at st. anton as well but like you i find it quite expensive, i have had more luck with mayrhofen and the ski area looks big enough for a week
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the sort of price you are looking at, Mayrhofen would probably suit you well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin., Whilst that budget is doable to St Anton getting cheap fligthts to Innsbruck (easyJet), Friedrichshafen or now Memmingem (Ryanair) and staying in the Nasserien part of town, depends on what your budget is when there. St Anton will still be cheaper than the 3 French resorts you've been to. Try http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ for some appartments in centre of St Anton - sidneyreilly is also a Very Happy so may pick up on your search. It is possible to have a dececnt lunch (Gulaschsuppe and beer) for €10 and you can eat in centre of town for around €15 per head at Pomodorro/Funky Chicken. 0.5l of beer will typically cost you €4 but €5 in the Mooserwirt. Nightlife in St Anton is best I've ever encountered - think going to Murrayfield, Cardiff or Dublin for 6 Nations Rugby but with a cheesy German twist and you're getting close.
Otherwise Saalbach or Mayrhofen could tick the boxes. Seriously doubt that Sestrierre will scratch the surface of these resorts in terms of apres ski
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin., Have a look at Ski Welt area, huge interlinked area, only down side I can see is low altitude, but the prices seem quite good and as it's such a large area, lots of different types of accommodation. If you can go last minute, hang on to see what the snow conditions are like. Mayrhofen as suggested is also reasonable.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Look at the portes du soleil, ski area is huge, cheap flights to geneva, I know the night life is good in chatel, but you would have to book DIY
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy