Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flyswatter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was interested by these so asked Soundskis to send me a picture, looks like the profile isn't what it was going to be...

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not very rockered then? Maybe there's a need to recognise in the global marketplace that functional Euro rocker is different from US rocker?

Like Plastic Bertrand v Joey Ramone
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks a lot less than these...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw those in feb and they looked insanely rockered then. Not that I care, they just caught my eye. The top pic def looks less.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah bizarre. Looks a bit of a halfway house, wide with long tip and tail but with traditional camber. I skied a few wide rockered and non rockered skis last year and the rockered skis were miles better in powder (which is the only reason to buy them). Don't really see the point of the shape above.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eyeing up your next glencoe ski? Laughing

I think someone on TGR posted something a while back about the rocker being toned down from the originals.

Shame they only come in weenie sizes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I saw someone on the pisstake rocker swatters in Fernie - definitely been toned down.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobinch, versatility with camber under foot=groomer 'performance', rocker for powder? Not skied any with a similar design myself but have heard good things..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv, I don't buy it. If you're on a ski that wide you are not skiing on piste.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch wrote:
arv, I don't buy it. If you're on a ski that wide you are not skiing on piste.

Not intentionally but you have to get back to the lifts somehow and what happens when you powder stash turns to refrozen suncrust on the run out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobinch, quite a lot of manufacturers are doing it so there must be a market for it, very few people ski perfect untracked powder all day so a little compromise could go a long way. The concept definitely appeals to me.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There're also changing aspects\snow conditions and all other kinds of real world conditions you want your powder ski to be able to handle. I'd like to try these.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got 185 Kuros and they are excellent in crust. Much better than my old Legend Pros. Where they struggle a bit is in crud as they are soft so you get knocked around a bit. Some camber would help for that but personally I wouldn't want to give up any powder performance (which is simply the best feeling i've ever experienced on skis). Legend Pros are brilliant in tracked powder/crud as they are stiff and smash through anything. They are not great in powder. The Kuros are opposite.

Arv, agree with you that the manufacturers wouldn't make these skis if there wasn't a market for them but I would definitely recommend trying a full rockered ski before buying in this category.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It also has a lot to do with the sidecut, if you put a regular skis sidecut onto a rocker then you get some "interesting" results on piste, and lets face it everyone is going to be there at some point, such as the new Gotama, Kuro, EP Pro, Hellbent etc. Keeping flat camber and rocker but mixing it with a rocker specific sidecut such as the Redeemer and some DPS skis, is definately next-gen when it comes to building in a bit of versatility but keeping the pow qualities of the ski. Some companies also built in a bit of normal camber and are getting know in the industry as "hybrids", JP Julien, Bent Chetlers etc but to be honest when you're talking about such little camber a lot depends on local temperature conditions as to how much camber actually comes out, they'res allways going to be some variation.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy