Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matalan ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was in my local Matalani last night, and noticed had a range of women's ski gear in. Jackets, pants etc. Had some Regatta stuff. Forgot of course to check prices or anything like that, but it all looked good enough for a starting point.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I along with my sister started off with Matalan, Sister swears by the Tresspass salos and still going strong for 2 seasons! Forget their gloves, they disintegrate after a day and are left with a clingfilm lining! Purchased most of our gear from Tkmaxxies and can get everything, the whole outfit provided you can beat the locals looking for branded jackets just to strutt the high street! Gloves, socks and goggles too. Only started to put out new stock so hold on till they clear the dreggs from last year!
Only come back from Bicester outlet village off junction 9 on M40 - visited HellyHansen and Tog24 are equally competitive..
Happy hunting
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tumble wrote:
...come back from Bicester...

Did you get any boots? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have been renting skis and boots from Twinner, their current discount code is TWINOV book before 7th December!
That said I'm leaning towards the Snow and Rock beginner package for £299, Salomon Mission 4 boots, Fischer Viron 2.2 skis inc poles and bag!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a Matalan ski jacket last year. It's been on 2 holidays (one in Jan, one in March/April) and a few outings to xscape, so it's held up quite well for £25 or £30.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are other shops in Bicester Shocked Shocked Shocked

www.solutions4feet.co.uk is the only one I have ever found Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OH got Matalan mens salopettes for £20 and a very nice camoflage print ski jacket for £28 this weekend (we weren't looking to get a jacket, just the trousers!). There was also some other offer on Sunday that resulted in another £5 off.

The quality looks fine and if they do a couple of holidays than I don't mind so much when OH gets bored with the jacket and wants a new one!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Forget their gloves, they disintegrate after a day and are left with a clingfilm lining

We both have a couple of pairs of Trespass gloves each, and they are the best I have had - the liners come out, so you can wash those, and they fit well. Have have a few trips out of them and they are bearing up ok. Hideous colours though! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They're 100 times better than the, can't remember what they were called - mountain wear or something like that - Matalan own brand. Now have 2 Surfanic pairs! Off to Snow & Rock tomorrow afternoon to try out their boots - might even but their beginner outfit for £299 and see if I can upgrade the boots. It's a bit of a pain now that BA have started charging for Ski carriage ~ £30 each way something to consider - continue with hire or buy...so easy to get carried away!
Off to La Tania 2nd week December - Have a good holiday!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was on the Matalan website the other day and noticed that they now have a ski wear section on there. Haven't had the chance to have a look yet, hoping to have a good shop around at the weekend
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy