Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good resorts near Friedrichshafen late Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Sorry to keep changing my mind, but now I found flights for £40 to Friedrichshafen 28th Dec. Do you know any resorts near there (pref within 2 hours and accessible by public transport) that would be likely to have snow? I am a beginner, so don't need anything fancy!
Thanks for all your help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, I was going to suggest St Anton which is an easy train transfer from Friedrichshafen. It's not hugely beginner-friendly though (and a bit pricey to boot). How much of a beginner are you, have you skied before at all?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J2ski does a very good feature for resorts near airports.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Friedrichshafen.html
Schruns is a nice small resort for beginners. Not sure about transfers though.

Quote from Ultimate ski http://www.ultimate-ski.com/Ski-Resorts/Austria/Montafon/Getting-There/index.html
"You can also transfer by train from Friedrichshafen airport to Schruns which involves changing trains three times in Friedrichshafen, Lindau and either Bregenz or Bludenz, with total journey times between 2-3 hours to Schruns.

For train timetables online go to www.sbb.ch/en or www.oebb.at "

Probably similar for most Austrian resorts, though they do say for St Anton.

"Friedrichshafen airport transfer to St Anton by bus
A shuttle bus service is operated by Loacker Tours running from Friedrichshafen to St Anton am Arlberg and airport departure and arrival times are co-ordinated with Ryan Air schedule. For reservations and information:

Loacker Tours
Phone: +43 (0) 5523 59090 Fax: +43 (0) 664 518 70 40
E-mail: flughafentransfer@loackertours.at and info@airport-bus.at
Web: www.airport-bus.at "
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe there is a regular shuttle from this airport to Laax/Films in Switzerland. Around 2-3h transfer if I remember it well. There should be some info on Laax webiste. I is fairly big resort, around 200km.
http://www.laax.com/flash/index.php?l=en
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy