Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 09/10 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:
Peter Leuzzi, that will depend on altitude, obviously, but overall not looking too bad. And nobody has booked to go to a low altitude resort for Easter, have they?????????????????????????

Yup Cairngorm (well, I'm working there) and it's snowing like crazy right now - looking rather good! snowHead snowHead

Being a thousand miles or so further north than the Alps helps a wee bit and makes up for the lower altitude I suspect though Razz wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, what are you doing up there?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I've had Easter in La Tania at 1300m for many years without any issues....

kitenski, but La Tania has rapid access to much higher snow, and a variety of aspects. I wouldn't call La Tania a "low altitude resort". It's a middling altitude gateway into one of the best ski domains in the world!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
roga, what are you doing up there?

Instructing ... or "structing" as my little boy calls it Laughing , have been during all the busy periods and hols this season and rather good it's been too Toofy Grin

Was going to do a week in Italy too but it's been so good up north, less hassle getting there, more hours (for ISIA) and better pay that I gave that a miss - maybe next season, we'll see.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I've had Easter in La Tania at 1300m for many years without any issues....

kitenski, but La Tania has rapid access to much higher snow, and a variety of aspects. I wouldn't call La Tania a "low altitude resort". It's a middling altitude gateway into one of the best ski domains in the world!

But I have been able to ski down to it every Easter, no matter how late, I guess my point is that it's also aspect that helps!

But back on topic, 06z Wigglies seem to be leaning towards a nice continuation of the cold spell (esp in Stuben where I am off on the 9th) but also in La Tania that looks very white on the webcams!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, yes, everywhere round here is white. It blue a hooley around 1 pm and dumped 6 - 10" of snow in an hour or two, after the temperature dropped from 4 to -2 in a v short time. I don't have a barometer - I think I might get one.

It's snowing again now, after a sudden fantastic sunny last hour to the ski day, a just reward, with fresh tracks, for those who braved the tempest (during which many lifts were closed, of course).

Looking good for Easter. We've always been able to ski down here, till the last croak of the season around 24 April, but I still wouldn't recommend it for Easter. We're stuck with it, obviously, but there's just not enough altitude above us for reliable snow conditions (as opposed to white stuff you can just about slide around on) that late.
latest report
 brian
brian
Potentially interesting things afoot for next week. As long as the belt of high pressure shown over the UK/Scandi here on the ECM stays sufficiently far north:

GFS operational misses out this morning, but the control run hits the jackpot:

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, watching the wigglies for St Anton they were predicing some nice dumpage next Fri/sat which seems to have disappeared and been replaced with some warmer temps, similiar to your chart above!

What do you reckon of this disturbance around the 13th thru 15th, too far away to call at the moment???
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, that would be the dump of the season if it actually came about! A few of the earlier runs have intimated something round the fifteenth, but that would be big. Will be interesting to see if it develops or presumably more likely fades!! wink
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, yeah, still a long way out. One to watch though.

Interestingly, the longer term trend looks like another pressure build in the far north. Winter may not be quite done with the Highlands yet. wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
brian wrote:
Winter may not be quite done with the Highlands yet. wink

... right on cue. Laughing

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, what altitude do those temps represent?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quintessential spring skiing day today. Finished at 2 pm, with a shade temperature of 17 degrees at 1550m.
latest report
 brian
brian
arv, multiply the numbers on the lines by 10, eg. 140 = 1400m.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, thanks. That image just became a lot more appealing Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
GFS 12z is a bit of a horror show in FI, warm and wet. Sad
ski holidays
Looks quite cool for next week... For now... Smile
snow report
Would someone indulge my laziness and give me a URL for Val T wigglies? TIA...
snow report
andyph, Try http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/MS_745_ens.png
snow report
Thanks Wags.

Now could someone wave a magic wand and get the temps down a bit next week? Cool Cool
latest report
andyph wrote:
Thanks Wags.

Now could someone wave a magic wand and get the temps down a bit next week? Cool Cool

I'm sure that I have seen posted elsewhere in the weather threads that the temp forecast on these GFS graphs is for a height of about 1600 meters.

As VT is 2300 and above then it's not as warm as you might think, even without magic snowHead

Maybe one of the weather experts will confirm this or otherwise.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wags, it might be a bit cooler than the lines suggest...but it's still pretty warm! Anything above the red line ('average') is bad news, and it looks waaaay above at the moment.

andyph, on the plus side, pisted snow is surprisingly durable and there's nothing like skiing in lovely warm temps Smile
snow conditions
looks like some major dumpage and cold temps coming next weekend! Last week in Chamonix on the midi could be a powderfest!!!
latest report
A rather early prediction for 2010/2011 which possibly breaks the three day rule but...

""at the moment it looks as though there is a high probability that next winter will again be colder than average." www.theweatheroutlook.com/

wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might be an early prediction but lets not forget these boys have been spot on in the past , these boys have a high success rate and last winters forecast in Nov was almost perfect .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And another early prediction by Bastardi, who says next winter in Europe is going to be... cold,

"by the way... Winter looks cold again this year..." ( www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp ).

Bastardi of course is fairly keen on the cold story and sometimes rather 'direct,' but another vote for cold anyway and only a few BBQs into summer...
latest report
Shouldn't this become the all new 10/11 Weather Outlook Thread?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy