Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
went to Flaine 5/6 years ago and stayed at the Hotel Totem, - accomodation not bad, but the food in the classy rest. was to die for. The skiing was excellent. Have tried to look for the hotel on the web, but it seems to have gone missing! we are thinking of taking a weekend in Flaine in early April. If Totem is no more, does anyone know of a GOOD hotel there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops sorry found it. Embarassed But is flaine good for a weekend?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can get accomodation it's great for a weekend. I've done this for the last few years staying in SC rented direct. Accomodation always fairly mediocre but the skiing always great and you can get there quick. If you leave on the 6:30 flight out of Luton you can be on the slopes for about 12 or if you get the last flight of the day you can be up for about 11pm. Another great thing about Flaine for a weekend is that you don't waste precious time catching buses or walking miles. You can be on the slopes within a couple of minutes of leaving your accomodation.

Hiring skis, lift passes and even parking is also a doddle.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brian T, I used an accommodation agency that does short lets in self-catering accommodation, 166 euros for three days (they wouldn't do less) a couple of weeks back, in a studio. An alternative to a hotel stay, but as Chris suggests, rather average quality - can't say I was impressed with the standards of cleanliness. We may just have been unlucky.

Sandrine at Astrid Immoblier +33 (0)04 50 90 86 41 is the contact.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
many Thanks snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brian T, The Totem is now a Crystal Clubhotel....a shame as we enjoyed a great stay there a few years ago. I think you're pretty much stuck with the Aujon if you want a short break?? Have you considered Les Carroz or Samoens? Both have some reasonable smaller hotels and are well linked into the Grand Massif skiing area.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brian, I stayed in Les carroz lst year for 5 days Thursday to Tuesday, stayed in a small hotel with a drag which lets you ski on to the gondola in 3-4 minutes from your door. Les Airelles http://www.chalet-lesairelles.com/hotel.htm, it has a very good resturant also, which was always full each evening. Quite a few more good resturants also in the village which is just over 5 mins walk. 2-3 bars also. There is also a fantastic coffe and cake shop, plus a really good deli for a packed lunch.
It takes 40-50 mins to get into Flaine with 3-4 lifts needed, but the skiing on the way is good, and more tree cover in Les Carroz, Morrilon and Samoens if the weather turns.
I looked at Samoens for this year, village looks really nice, plus lots of options for hotel or s/c on their website.
Fully recommend it. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geoffknight, I'd skip Samoens personally, it's still badly laid out for skiing despite the new lift which in fact has made no real difference at at all. Fantastic town though and worth a visit for an evening if you've a car. Les Carroz and Morillon remain the best places to stay in the area I think.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had an excellent w/e in Flaine a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in les Carroz, which was fine, but not a happening place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am thinking of going to the Grand Massif next year (planning ahead!) we will be 2 famillies; 4Adults, 6 Kids & 1 none-skiing grandparent. Any suggestion on best resort? I have been to Flaine before and love the skiing but need somwhere for the none skiing GP and the smaller kids to get a chance to do things off piste. Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
coldworld, I think that les Carroz is the biggest of the 'other' resorts in the GM. It was pretty quiet. We weren't looking for non skiing activities, but saw little evidence of any; there's an ice rink and quad bike racing on snow was offered somewhere nearby.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
coldworld, depends on where you want to compromise, if you're prepared to sacrifice skiing convenience for the non-skiers then go for Samoens. On the other hand, if your non-skiers have transport then they can go there anyway and a few other places as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy