Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy Snow Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
This does look very very nice !!!
Nice pictures. Nice to read about routes i also did last years.
Am in stfoy in the first week of febr. Do you think it is possible to get into a group with a guide.
Am with the fam. but no offpiste partners who can go with me.
And what is stfoy without going off the piste...
Have read about big avalanche in the lanchette on the les arcs "mountain". Dangerous conditions in stfoy too?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sainte Foy isn't too dangerous for avalanches at the moment. The big snowfall at the start of this week caused a lot of natural slides which cleared out some of the existing instability. I did Fogliettaz yesterday and I'm still alive...

Definitely possible to get in a group with a guide. Speak to Yoann Colliat at ZigZags or Alex Rippe (both listed on the Sainte Foy tourist office site).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fingers crossed for those in Ste Foy your in for a cracker Monday Morning , the next disturbance on Sat night/Sun looks like it could be one to favour Ste Foy , La Ros and Villaroger ,straight down the valley and then gets stuck on the corner ,just like 2 sundays ago when the area got 40cms against 20cms else where in the Tarentaise .

Have powder fun Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just thought I'd drop by with a swift update. Couple of smallish snowfalls in the last 10 days or so, nothing now since Wednesday, hoping for a few cm tonight.

Conditions are excellent though. Weather is cold and clear, pistes are immaculate, still the odd powder stash to be found and the snow has stayed good with the low temperatures. I rode the Cross on Thursday and the West Face (Epaule) today. Both in brilliant nick (cross had some of the best conditions I've ever seen on it).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for update , Looks like theres no serious snowfall coming before my next trip out 4th Feb , will have to dust the Skins off if we are to find some Powder .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We're off this Friday on night ferry and on the slopes for Sunday bright and early! Saw that there was 6cm due in Saturday night so fingers crossed and all that. Stevo - how cold is it there to ski in - normally its a t-shirt and jacket but last year thought it was actually pretty cold, according to the temps it IS pretty cold - what do you think...? Keep the updates coming...well for 3 more days anyway!
flog
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Were coming out this week coming, though we'll be Skiing from the Saturday if all goes to plan, it looks like it going to be cold though!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cptsideways, Glad to see Dorset is de-camping to Foy! I hope you're not Del who I'm going with!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm not Del but a Declan, no doubt we'll be bumping into each other sometime during the week, I'll be on my little skis or the Monoboard if I get bored snowboarding Very Happy

Any updates on the snowage?, forcast looks like fresh powder for Saturday wooohooo
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing hard most of today, still belting down (getting heavier!).

flog873347, it's bloody freezing!

Cptsideways, we don't allow your kind here. There is a sniper tower with instructions to take out bladers and monoskiers. As well as all those "Val d'Isere instructors who ski Sainte Foy on their day off." wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plenty of powder here getting well tracked though, spent much of today being crap on the snowboard and suffering badly

Can you still rent a snow bike in the village that was hilarious fun last year I fancy some drifting action Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fresh 2" of dusty powder this evening will freshen things up nicely
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2"!!? Just done Col Granier in thigh-deep, untracked, fluffy perfection!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrive Thursday, start skiing Friday, seen the forecast , the Great snow Gods in the sky are on my side !!!! looks like a great weekend ahead .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
another great day, still plenty of untracked and fresh powder in the trees and outback, heaps of it! Pistes had a freshen up today too which was great first thing no shortage of the white stuff here.

Word of note to those travelling this weekend check with travel operators as I think the news said lots of strikes ahead on behalf of the french travel workforce _ no change there then.

Anyone for a beer one evening?
snow report
another great day, still plenty of untracked and fresh powder in the trees and outback, heaps of it! Pistes had a freshen up today too which was great first thing no shortage of the white stuff here.

Word of note to those travelling this weekend check with travel operators as I think the news said lots of strikes ahead on behalf of the french travel workforce _ no change there then.

Anyone for a beer one evening?
snow report
I'll quite likely be in the Iceberg at Apres time tomorrow (Wednesday). It's my day off!
ski holidays
for those arriving this weekend you have a fresh dumpage of 4-10 inches plus we had a mega powder day today and its still snowing at 10pm friday night

were leaving early am and at the current rate their might be an extra 6 inches overnight, you lucky lot.

Today was the icing the cake of our week its been the deserted pistes of st foy we love and its well be back for many seasons to come hopefully

ssshhhh dont tell anybody
ski holidays
Cptsideways, seems like there is a large Dorset contingency in Ste Foy, where abouts are you from?
ski holidays
Were from Gillingham and other family members from somerset and Prague!

Will be up for a beer anytime and am always up for a quick powder run!
latest report
Ha I'm from Kington Magna, small world. I'm at uni in Southampton though so unfortunately won't be visiting mecca until april Crying or Very sad
snow report
The first day back after a superb week in Foy - as CptSideways has been keeping all informed, loads of fresh snow dumped Friday and Saturday morning was heaven. Started again Saturday lunch so all going this week should have good snow. Long travel up yesterday to ferry but motoways like the psites at Foy - no one on them.
I'll take Sigwells outside Wincanton / Sherborne for my patch of Dorset...... i think there must be mileage in a Dorset owned chalet in Foy!!
snow report
my 'rents have an apartment in les charmettes
latest report
Major dumpage last night. Some rain at resort level, but mostly snow. Lots of wind too. Need to get out and see what's happening up top.
snow report
Pretty damn good here today....

Temperature was a little all over the place at the weekend, but we saw very little rain at resort level and we now have loads of fresh snow, a little spring-like over the lower mountain, powder higher up. Some wind affecting things up around the ridges, but otherwise pretty good.
ski holidays
stevomcd, I thought Wednesday was your day off! Cannot wait until the end of the month when we are out there again.
snow conditions
Quote:

I thought Wednesday was your day off!

I sneaked out. The joys of being your own boss!
snow report
Anyone got any info on the current conditions, lack of recent snow might suggest some bullet-proof pistes!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's Sainte Foy, it never gets like that. Weather has been dry but very cold so piste condition has remained very good. Off piste got blown to bits in the winds a week or so ago, nothing worth doing in the whole valley!
latest report
stevomcd, What effect has the recent rain had, can you still ski back to the village?
ski holidays
I just got back to Sainte Foy after a week away doing my final IML assessment (passed, by the way!).

Looks like you can still ski back to the bottom, but the green and middle red are pretty sketchy/closed. New blue only. Dumped to resort level today, with more forecast.
ski holidays
stevomcd, Great, we are coming out for 10 days on Thursday, judging by the webcam this morning its looks as though it snowed through the night as well.

IML?
snow report
International Mountain Leader. Now totally fully-qualified (enough to satisfy even the French!) to guide walking, snowshoeing and mountain biking - I'll leave you to figure out which is more important to me!
ski holidays
Dumping all day here today! Up the moutain for the first time in a fortnight tomorrow, WOOHOO! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Awesome day yesterday, deep & fresh all over, pretty light & fluffy up top. Hiked the ridge and did a couple of the couloir lines above the top of the Marquise chair, including one I've never done before. Fecking brilliant.
snow report
stevomcd, I saw your poster in zigzags window today, any chance you could message me with some more info about it?
ski holidays
BiG_tYrOnE, YGPM.

Big fall of snow on Saturday night gave awesome (if foggy) conditions on Sunday. About 20cm of light, fluffy powder. Proper powder, none of this sticky spring nonsense either!

To quote that annoying red-headed urchin.... "The sun'll come out.... tomorrow!"

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!
latest report
Best. Day. Ever.

Must sleep now.
ski holidays
I agree......INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
Best Easter skiing in the 7-8 years we have been coming here!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy