Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris - Winter 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
skitow, thanks. All packed and ready now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, the forecast weather seems to have moved out until tomorrow, so another sunny day although colder than yesterday. Light snow right now with more tomorrow.

Pistes holding up well and those in Montfrais quiet and fabulous.

Avy risk is 2 in most places.

Last day tomorrow Sad (via SMS)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear.....the cloud and light snow appear to have given way to yet more sunshine. It was very cold again last night, so around 10am by my reckoning and it will be perfect.
Best conditions er pretty much everywhere! Wooooohoooo Happy Happy :-)

Gotta go! (via SMS)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flying out tomorrow, forcast is for fresh snow. snowHead

Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heading out to ADH on 06/02/10. Can anyone recomend a bar (Irish if possible) to watch the Ireland rubgy mathch. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
a covering of snow has now settled here on the coast in East Yorkshire. Good job we have a 4x4 for the drive for the flight from Manachester in the morning. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dumping now. Started up high at lunchtime, providing some fun skiing. Now there's about 7cm of fresh at resort. Perfect for new arrivals tomorrow!

Not sure about the lower villages, but my guess would be that they're getting it too.

Chasseur (via SMS)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, Cheers heading out there tomorrow for a week - 1/2 a sleep to go!!!! Yiipppeee snowHead e
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still snowing. Now about 15cm+. Shame to be leaving it. Last report in the morning. What a week - enjoyed some great skiing with Nick Dawes and Snowmobil plus some new friends along the way.

All looking great for those coming out this weekend for their week. Enjoy Happy (via SMS)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good Heavens. Its dumping this morning. Must be a good 20cm+ now with no sign of a let up. Sounds like Os is also getting it (report courtesy of Nick Dawes) Local forecast suggests sunshine tomorrow. Happy days for those arriving today. Lucky gits wink (via SMS)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
get in !!!!!!!!!

Setting off in 2 hours. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're here! Journey totally uneventful, took off a little late but arrived bang on time Very Happy . I found the couple of free pomas and had a little play in the late afternoon sun while the others got there kit - it also seems this chalet (l'Escapade) has free wifi - have been promised a code later tonight but there is also free access on a fixed pc in the bar.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Butterfly, In that case we shall expect lots of reports and photos - no excuse now!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur wrote:
Still snowing. Now about 15cm+. Shame to be leaving it. Last report in the morning. What a week - enjoyed some great skiing with Nick Dawes and Snowmobil plus some new friends along the way.

All looking great for those coming out this weekend for their week. Enjoy Happy (via SMS)

Yep, a good week and the dump Friday night/Sat morning was appreciated. We were on a late transfer so when I saw all that fresh stuff, I got an extension to my pass and skied 'til about 2:30 (coach at 3:05!) - I found the best vis early on towards Villard Reculas and then around lunch time went for a play on/around Les Chamois and Clocher De Macle. An excellent end to an excellent week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RONSTER wrote:
Heading out to ADH on 06/02/10. Can anyone recomend a bar (Irish if possible) to watch the Ireland rubgy mathch. Puzzled

O'Sharkys.
latest report
What a great day. Loads of powder and sun all day.the top run to pic blanc was closed for avalanch risk due to the 18 inch that came down yestrday:) more of the same tomorrow I hope. We will head to auris find the trees again and go to top station if open. Can't wait
snow report
Conditions should be good out there this week, bright and cold when we left yesterday and Friday/Saturdays decent dump should leave pistes in good order for the rest of the week. We skiied Radar OP above Villard once the vis improved on Saturday but by 2.30 it was mostly well tracked out, then did some of the steeper stuff around the Poutran bowl. Back in 2 weeks so hoping for continued cold weather and a bit of fresh!, good skiing to you lucky lot still out there snowHead
latest report
I had a fab week out there last week (in Villard Reculas). Plenty of snow, but definitely in need of a top up by the end of the week. And lo and behold, there it arrived on Friday night. First thing Saturday morning was foul visibility, but by mid morning the sun came out and it became a super day. Had my first OP experience on Radar, wow that was fun - and hard work every time I face-planted (frequent).

Must say, there's quite limited on piste skiing in ADH; only really enough for a half week as I reckon we'd done it all by Wednesday afternoon.

Favourite runs. From the top of Dome des Petits Rousses at 2800, down Dome (lovely bumps)/Les Rousses/Chalets/La Fare into the bottom at L'Enversin d'Oz by Vaujany 1250. Bumps on glacier. Sarenne (until the boring bits).

Least favourite bits: Auris - the cartographer clearly didn't understand what he was doing, and the runs are very short.

Desperate need: a lift from Oz en Oisans up to Signal.
latest report
James the Last wrote:
Desperate need: a lift from Oz en Oisans up to Signal.
Shocked That's something Id like to see!
snow conditions
James the Last, did you get stranded in Oz one day?
snow conditions
Arno, I was stranded in La Potee Oz all last week!
snow report
Nick Dawes, the only reason i can see for an Oz -> Signal lift would be to help people who are staying in Villard and find themselves in Oz at 4.30pm. or maybe i am missing something Puzzled
latest report
Arno, Think you're right, can't see it as high up the priority list somehow Very Happy , replacing the Clos Giraud chair is far more pressing imo, sitting on that thing last week being freeze dried a couple of times on way back from Montfrais was no fun.
snow report
Nick Dawes, yep - the worst lift in the place IMV, although some of the slow chairs in Auris would rival it.
i thought there was a plan to add a new chair which would go from somewhere in Montfrais up to near the Grange restaurant
ski holidays
Arno, That would make sense but not heard that one. Supposedly a new piste being constructed in Oz this summer high over the back of the resort below Alpette from Roche Noir and snaking down to the Alpette lift so us poor saps at that end of town don't have to walk up the hill to get home!
snow conditions
Nick Dawes, interesting - always thought there was a lot of potential off the side of the Alpette piste IF (i) there is enough snowcover and (ii) you can avoid skiing over a cliff!
latest report
Arno, Watched a boarder get airlifted from almost under the Alpette bubble last year, would need a lot of tnt to make it reliable and its very wet in summer so always v.icy up top. Never skiied the Plan Du Cerf - that always looks a bit cliffy too. A huge boulder fell from 50' above the waterfall by Alpette on New Years Eve, luckily it hit a BMW 4X4 parked by the bottle bank before it could do any damage Very Happy BTW theres also a plan to build a new underground car park at Alpette this summer and a new residence behind the lift next year. Back to ADH weather - very cold today apparently.
snow report
No, I didn't get stranded in Oz... but it just seems to be a large hole in communications in the middle of the ski area. The ADH area as a whole feels a little bitty; large lumps of barely-connected ski area.

I'd also nominate the Vaujany-Enversin for an upgrade. Presumably La Fare is only black to disuade people from going down there and queueing for weeks and weeks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Fare has the highest average gradient of all the runs in ADH. Fact

James the Last, that's probably a fair criticism. as someone who like the bits between the lifts/pistes more than the pistes themselves this plays into my hands but i can see that it might be less of a draw for some
snow conditions
James the Last, I know I'm biased but can't say I'd agree with you regarding the lack of coherent uplift around ADH, just depends where you want to get to within a certain time I guess but aren't all ski resorts the same? From Oz Poutran to Villard via Signal chair can be done by lift and skis in 30 minutes comfortably and lift linking the two would be near impossible due to the topography (and cost). Villard always seems a rather remote place to stay despite only being one lift away from ADH, perhaps that was it?

Know what you mean about the Enversin bubble but thats never going to happen as it just doesnt have the traffic to warrant it. I agree that La Fare is hardly a black and last week was barely a stiff red but it can get very thin and icy/rocky at the bottom at times and a walk out to the lift isn't unusual.
snow report
Jetting out to ADH on Sunday. Someone give me some good news!
ski holidays
sky_High30, Its Snowing!
latest report
Not just snowing, but hammering it down! Its been falling for close on 24 hours and dont see no let up.
snow conditions
Almost knee deep on piste at Montfrais earlier today apparently Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
Nick Dawes wrote:
Almost knee deep on piste at Montfrais earlier today apparently Shocked snowHead

WANT!!!!
snow conditions
Arno, Me too want and in 7 days will get - (assuming some still left and fearing not)
latest report
Yesterday it dropped nearly 2 feet. It's doing the same again thismorning. We return home to blighty later today having had a wonderfull week. The sun shone for 4 half days and epic powder for the last. If you are comming out today you are in for a treat. Thismoring it's snowing the same as yesterday and forcast to clear tomorrow.
snow conditions
16 more days for me...

It's looking absolutely amazing out there at the moment. I can't wait. Probably the half-term kiddies are going to knacker it in the meantime, but hey.
snow conditions
Generally excellent conditions on piste here in ADH, plenty of snow cover however all but the least known pow now well tracked out. Bluebird day yesterday and barely a soul around, expect today the masses will have arrived for half term, good piste selection will be critical! (via SMS)
ski holidays
An awesome week last week, good weather (if a bit cold). Slopes were almost empty on Saturday, Was the first down the sarenne with a mate and it was in prisine condition. The groomers did a good job overnight but all the slopes were quite cut up by the end of the day (Le Coulouir took a pounding, I skeed down Dahut onto it a few times mid/late afternoon and it was a mess).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy