Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris - Winter 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like a decent covering at ADH from the webcam at top of signal and even Oz at 1350 was white for most of yesterday, December 16th can't come soon enough!!

http://www.oz-en-oisans.com/pano/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking even better today - hope this lot hangs around now!

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Report from Oz (1350) this morning - a foot of wet snow and still falling.

'View' from my mates balcony below, bring it on!

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm off there on Jan 16th.....First time Skiing in France in 20 years + but I hear the place is excellent
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Im ADH 1st week in Feb so any info that can be added to this thread will be of great interest to me.
Keep em comming
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry, We too are there first week in Feb. You're in E Yorks? Not so far from here then!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fantastic picture. Have spent the last week staring glumly at the rather barren Snowbrowser webcams. The transformation has been remarkable. Fingers crossed for continuing low temp.s & more snow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like more snow on the way for ADH. From what I have seen forecast it looks like a slow and steady downfall over the next week as opposed to a couple of large dumps? All back on track for opening I guess.

Anyone have more accurate news from the town?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another 8" overnight on Monday in Oz according to my source in the village and very cold yesterday, looking good! I'm out there for 2 weeks from the 17th, had been thinking of taking the mountain bikes but looks like skis will be required after all!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pic taken in Oz on Monday afternoon, much better Very Happy

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
excellent will be there on the 12th Dec
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ibisona, They appeared to be pisting the greens above ADH yesterday, if SATA can only get my lift passes sorted we'll be ready to roll on 18th Dec. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent, I'll be there for the 19-20 weekend and then again from the 24th through New Year.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked - will be on the slopes from first lift on the 24th Jan - 7 weeks to go......... snowHead
ski holidays
Chasseur, Will be there with the boys that week, usually nice quiet slopes and decent snow. snowHead
ski holidays
Nick Dawes, are you there all winter then? Laughing
ski holidays
horizon, Sadly not, 2 weeks at Christmas, a week with lads mid Jan, 10 days or so Feb half term & 2 weeks at Easter are all I can manage!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Nick Dawes, Evil or Very Mad Laughing
ski holidays
Nick Dawes, I'm certainly hoping it won't be too busy. Do you have your own place out there by any chance.....? Given the 6+ weeks alluded to just above.

Have to say, I'm really looking forward to going - first visit, although I feel like I know the place already. One of my colleagues at work (sits opposite) has a chalet there, so I've had a full virtual tour, piste-side lunch stop recommendations, bar suggestions, piste-by-piste tour and itinerary suggestions etc etc.

She'd better bloody well be right...... Laughing
snow report
Chasseur, yep we have a little place in Oz. Probably biased but Im sure your colleague was right, brilliant area!
ski holidays
Nick Dawes, great pic - the more pics the better!
latest report
Nick Dawes, I think a run called Alpette (?) down to Oz was recommended, amongst others.
snow report
My mates are driving round to ADH today to ski as the Oz lifts aren't open yet, will hopefully hear more later today/tomorrow. Chasseur, Alpette is a pleasant enough run but depending on what you like there are loads of better ones!.
snow conditions
Nick Dawes, fast reds, with plenty of rollers and turns. The only example I can think of that you'd know is the Luc Alphand run in Serre Che as far as The Wall. Runs that you can cane, with good technical requirements I suppose.

Looking at the piste map (not that they really tell much I suppose), Bertavellers and Les Rousses could be fun
snow conditions
Chasseur, only time I skied Luc Alphand was Easter & knee deep in slush! Rousses, Belvedere/Bartavelles, Chamois, Village (for a few bumps) and below at Villard for starters along with La Fare down to Vaujany which is marked a black but really more red. Should have ADH pics from today later. New Marmottes chair good apparently but snow better in Oz than ADH for now.
ski holidays
Many thanks Nick Dawes, appreciated. Campanules was the only other run I can recall being mentioned for a bit of a blast.

Haha, I also recall some slushy descents down the LA - "keep it positive, keep it positive" Laughing
snow conditions
As I'm taking a near beginner to ADH at the end of Jan, would anyone who's around care to take and post a few pics of the nursery slopes area (Poussins has been suggested for day 1 before the lessons begin)?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm on my way down next weekend (12th)... so relieved it's started snowing properly! Thanks for the updates!
ski holidays
simeonuk, welcome to snowHeads. Look forward to your report snowHead
snow report
A couple of pics from the weekend showing decent snow cover in ADH and the new Marmottes chair which replaces the old slow bubble (and has a cosy cold weather cover!) Butterfly, Poussins and the lower beginner areas are shown beyond the lift on the second pic - quite wide, flat and not generally used as a through-route so used by beginners only. Looks like someone had fun tracking out the powder on Signal BIS this weekend!

snow conditions
Raining in Oz yesterday as elsewhere but the snow cannons were going overnight and the local word is big snows coming this weekend so fingers crossed! 8 days and I'll be able to report first hand for a couple of weeks (assuming the wifi co-operates!).
snow report
ADH looks good even now, and with the new snow coming should be great by the time we get there on the 26th.

Cant wait!!!! Very Happy
latest report
Nick Dawes, thanks very much for these - it looks perfect for her Sunday outing! It's quite hard to match the pics up with the piste map - in the 2nd one, what are the steep run down the left hand side and the shallower one above, coming around that same hill?
snow report
Butterfly, the steep one down the front is the Signal run. Marked as a blue on the map but actually a red. Steep at the top but becomes less so. V wide. Just to the right (looking at the mountain from ground level) is Signal bis - it`s marked as a red. It`s usually left unpisted and mogully.

I think the run off to the rt running round the shoulder of the mt (looking at the mountain from ground level) is Hirondelle. It`s a true blue. Lovely when empty but can get v busy & chopped up.
snow conditions
How was ADH today?
I was looking on the webcams and it look liked it was snowing a bit during the day.
The roads were covered by 4pm.

Am there in 4 weeks and cant wait
snow report
jonty, thanks.
latest report
Funny, I've been tracking the webcam on the official website for the last week or two and the Signal cam view doesn't seem to have changed with the sun on the mountain peaks at the same position Puzzled

A colleague at work seemed to confirm this too.

The official site suggest high/low of 100 and 36 which is encouraging snowHead Cool
latest report
Agreed Chasseur. Something funny going on there. On the other hand - the webcam in Oz ( http://www.oz-en-oisans.com/pano/ ) village does seem to be working. There`s clearly been some fresh snow today but hard to assess how much. The Marmotte cams also appear to be functioning.
snow conditions
A couple of pics from yesterday, -5 and 2 inches of light powdery stuff overnight on Saturday apparently, see the snow cannons are going full blast on the re-modelled section of Poutran down to Oz where Chavannus joins (looks like an accident waiting to happen) 3 more days and I'll see it for myself! snowHead snowHead

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy