Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jonessnowboards site is live

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.jonessnowboards.com/

The flagship looks sweet Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt many products, in any sport, will ever have achieved such cult status as the JJ boards have achieved instantly.

I love the graphics on The Solution but think I will get a valuation on a kidney for a 162 Flagship.

Good luck with the venture JJ.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i'm with you there all the way bar shaker, do you reckon just one kidney will be enough, or will the market be glutted with semi-pickled snowboarders kidneys causing a massive drop in the kidney market price. not sure i could give up a lung (long hikes), maybe an eye?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looking at the page on the flagship and the lengths quoted on the intro page are different to the ones on the technical specs. That said the dimensions of the 164 (5?) are very similar to the board I broke the other week, given I'm not sold on rocker nor magnetraction I'll let you guys sell your kidneys.

The splitboards seem a bit short too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swirly, would be good to test one, i think tip rocker might be OK as there is still camber undefoot and maybe the magnetraction might give it more grip on the hardpack with that tip rocker.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Where can I buy one?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Magnetraction is a strange one to add as mates on Libs in Tignes reckoned it was rubbish. They said it was all or nothing.

Nose volume is a very good idea and my Vape has this. It floats really well in/on powder. Nose rocker with camber from further behind the front foot sounds like it would work as you would still have something to load up against on a piste. I would be surprised if JJ got this wrong.

The boards are made by Nidecker (who have their own, very good serrated edge design) so the quality will be first class. There's nothing ground breaking in the tech but it looks like they have collected up all the best tech from everywhere and put into these boards.

If my battered kidney will get me one, I feel a PTS coming on for next season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
norris, yeah that was just speculation from the stats on the website I'd still be interested in riding one if the chance came up.

I rode a 6ft Dupraz the other day as there was some testing going on in Verbier, quite an odd board as although it's really long the side cut finishes a couple of inches in front of your front foot, the guy visibly showed that it actually had more side cut than a 152 park board. This made it really turny (he warned me about it) but meant you could ride quite tight trees at speed on a massive board. Unfortunately it was already late so I could only do one run before giving it back as I had to get back over the hill but I'd recommend a go if you get the chance.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, yes I suspect they will be pretty rare this side of the pond....and not cheap!

Those Dupraz do look kind of Funky.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fogliettaz wrote:
Where can I buy one?

I asked this on the website. The contact us page doesn't work, and the sales@ email address advertised on the website doesn't exist!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bar shaker wrote:
Magnetraction is a strange one to add as mates on Libs in Tignes reckoned it was rubbish. They said it was all or nothing.

I like Magnetraction. I'm most often riding on small icy hills. That said, I do know what they mean by "all or nothing", but I like the feeling that my board is on a rail when I turn. I do wonder why your mates are shelling out for [expensive] boards they reckon ride like rubbish, though... wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shallimus, He rented it from Edge2Edge, with a view to buying if he liked it. He didn't.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fair enough. I wonder: was it one of the models with the banana rocker?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know how to go about buying one of these in the UK?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shallimus, It was a Skate Banana.
snow report
Raify wrote:
Does anyone know how to go about buying one of these in the UK?

Not available until next season
latest report
plenty of time to save then
latest report
From another site...

In the shops in September.

Prices:

Hovercraft 399€
Mtn Twin 449€
Flagship 499€ (from memory)
Solution TBC because they're still in negotiation with Voilé for the kit, which will probably (hopefully) end up be supplied with the board.

Its assumed that TSA will have a UK exclusive.
snow report

I rode these today, the hovercraft, despite being billed as a crud / powder machine is a piste missile as well. The Mtn Twin is alright, nothing special. Reminds me of the custom in a does everything inoffensive way. Didnt ride the flagship as these kind of boards bore me to tears.
Prices are cheap, 699 chf for the twin is alright when comparing it to a 900 chf custom.

But never mind all that, NDK are banging this out as well. Rockered slut board.
ski holidays
What price was the Flagship? €499 sounds awfully cheap...

Where did you get that info, bar shaker?
ski holidays
Raify, I got the info from someone else at the same show as Jonny luv plums.

Jonny luv plums What is going on with the toe strap on those bindings? Are they made out of recycled flip flops?
snow conditions
Those are the Ride bindings aren't they. Saw a few out in St Anton, look interesting. http://ridesnowboards.com/bindings/nitrane-contraband
ski holidays
bar shaker, ride contrabands with wedgie 2.5, by far the best binding for me and my style of riding.
I got the pricing at a board test straight from nidecker yesterday, didnt go to the ISPO Sad
snow report
Quote:

Solution TBC because they're still in negotiation with Voilé for the kit, which will probably (hopefully) end up be supplied with the board.

Well you'd hope so because otherwise you'll have to buy the kit ~€300 including skins and fit it yourself. It will be as loads of boards are supplied with the Voile kit, I'd take a guess of around $900-1000 as that's the going rate of most standard split boards. Still think it's too short though.
snow report
nice to hear people question some ideas on these boards.
at the end of the day no matter what the board is it will only be as good as the rider gets from it!
i have an allmountain board atm plus some 2 other cheaper boards, the thing is i fancy something with more pop for tricks or something more off piste powder focused, i think to get what i want i will have to make a decision, if i try and buy something that will do it all i will be disappointed ,so could easily end up adding 2 more boards to my collection Toofy Grin
always fancied the skate banana , new concept and i thought worth a good test before knocking it, the magnatraction must work reading from some posts(all or nothing feeling) , sounds like putting slicks tyres on a normal car on a racetrack!
would be nice to try 2 boards exactly the same except 1 had the magnatraction
i think there is a lot of hype around new gear, i would rather wait and see what they look like after some use, my board now is 5 years old had little to no maintenance , the only damage is f***in skiers in lift queues and that is only a cm sq chip at the back out of the top sheet, plus the usual scrapes and scars to the base
ski holidays
Any more information about on when / where these will be available? I called TSA who knew nothing about them (admittedly, they said they're often the last to find out about new stuff).
snow report
51st state, why not try a Prior AMF?
latest report
Funny you should mention the Prior, that's one of the others on my shortlist.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Any more information about on when / where these will be available? I called TSA who knew nothing about them (admittedly, they said they're often the last to find out about new stuff).

I'm trying hard to have them in my stock but you'll have to come to la suisse to get it, went to see nidecker about it on tuesday but they were at lunch and I had to shoot off to burton. Sad
ski holidays
They've got them in a demo at Zinal weekend after next.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy