Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Wow, best afternoon of the season yesterday Very Happy , fresh snow, clearing clouds, col de mouches x3, gentianes, stairway, then back into verbier via fresh sunny tracks on creblet/bacomb. simply awesome snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gilo, It was great this morning wasn't too shabby either. Not sure if I can get a good ski in this weekend but defo during the week if your not busy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best week of the season, completed today by one of my best days ever on snow. N face of Mt Fort followed by the Bec Des Rosses running into Barry's all in glorious powder snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still teaching tomorrow but Sunday looks clear for me!! Perfect timing with a forecast of a foot of pow on sat night!! Anyone game for a meet up? snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sunday would be cool for me, forecast is looking promising..........
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably best day of the season in Verbier today http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63496

DSCF5181

skidog, who told you ski instructing was a good idea? If you renounce your silly slalom skis you are welcome to rejoin the powder party on Sunday!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not even a hint of snow down in Le Chable yet Sad Where is this supposed 20cm??

Probably going to get up early and check webcams tomorrow, if nothings occuring then a late start heading for backside and stairway. If any other snowHead fancy meeting up then PM a phone number and I can give you a call tomorrow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skidog, turned out alright didn't it snowHead

Pics from Monday and Tuesday here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1505482#1505482
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fricking boiling again today. Pistes turning to slush by mid-morning which is fun if you like that kind of thing. Was boarding in a T-shirt at lunchtime which was nice.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its not been very cold at night either. But 0 level supposed to drop so we might get a freeze thaw cycle and some corn soon.
My Redeemers did Bec de Roses today, without me Sad , apparently they had a wonderful time. No I didn't drop em at the top, I lent them to a mate who has an anorexic quiver. They didnt do the Darkside but did Dogleg and the face Swirly, andbobinch did.
In my state of (self inflicted) unsound body and mind the Bec was no place for me to be today.

Slushies tomorrow, break out the Zardoz Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still plenty of snow about, we had a few cm of fresh the other day and that had turned to corn by yesterday. Conditions are fantastic if you time it right although you have to be back on piste early as there is plenty of wetslide activity about even on N-facing aspects by early afternoon. IMO the avy risk of 1 evolving 2 should be 1 involving 3/4.

Nendaz and the Printse area shut last Sunday, the weekend was really good with only about 20 people out in Nendaz itself all day on the Saturday, had a great time playing about on the pistes, hitting little jumps and in the trees. It was all very sociable as people were very chatty on the gondola (if there was anyone there at the same time as you!).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly, Pleased to hear there is still snow!

We have abandoned Easyjet and are driving out to Chatel for the last weekend of the season. Will ski in the PDS Friday and Sunday but thought about a trip to Verbier for Saturday. Can anyone suggest the best slopes to head for? We are a group of competent piste skiers in our late 40s - been skiing 20+ years and happy to try anything the piste throws at us and we enjoy a bit off the sides but not really able to take advantage of the epic off-piste Verbier has to offer. We thought about parking in Le Chable and taking the gondolas up then staying as high as we can. Will certainly take a trip up Mont Fort but any other ideas? Would we have an epic from Mont Gele? Only skied in Verbier once before and that was a single day about 5 years ago.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DJL, Mt Gele is now shut for the season so you'd have to hike it, I'd say start low (top of Chaux express back to Ruinettes) then get to Le Chaux for mid morning then up to Mt Fort at lunch time, there's speed skiing on at the moment which is worth a look, think it ends on Saturday. In the afternoon the itinerary down to Tortin from Gentianes should be soft enough to be fun (don't go lower than this though).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, Thanks for that. No hiking for us so that rules out Mont Gele - we'll save that for next year.

Always good to get a steer from a local!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL, Only the Verbier sector is now open. There is limited piste skiing this late in the season so do get here early to make the most of it. Gondola up from Le Chable will be easiest way to get up. The M25 from top of Funispace to Ruinettes is in superb condition at the moment and very quiet, for a change, it is the only long piste open in decent condition and a good one to rip on as long as it stays quiet. If you get here early it is worth skiing back to Verbier to make the run longer although you may not want to do it later depending on the condition of the track. Get the Medran Gondola back up all other lifts closed at this altitude.
The Run to La Chaux from Gentians can be ok early but softens quickly, the runs in Lac de Vaux should hold really nice snow but are very short. The top of Mont Fort is a mogul field (I'm sure you know this already) although the piste below is in great shape. The Gentians-Tortin, although a marked itinerary is a bit more off-piste than a bit off the sides, but as Swirly said could be nice later on when it softens.
ski holidays
RPF, Advice much appreciated. I survived the Mont Fort moguls last time I was there and that was on 200cm old school skis. Im sure a modern pair will help a lot!
ski holidays
DJL, potentially some nice snow off the sides there too. Just watch the Crevasse in the middle. Its clearly visible. Shocked
The other big mogul run Chassoure-Tortin is closed as is the Gondola that runs up it.
Enjoy
ski holidays
Late arrival in Chatel and a slushy ski today so we are coming round to Verbier tomorrow hoping for some refreeze at least at the top. Looks like a good day to visit with the speed skiing and the finish of the Patrouille des Glaciers (though I guess the winners will be there before we are out of bed!)
snow report
DJL, it was pretty good today still, very warm (+2 at the top of Mt Fort at 1120) but the snow is holding up well, hopefully we'll get a refreeze down to 2000m again tonight to keep it good.
latest report
Getting a bit wet today.
snow report
Just reread this whole thread in a drunken evening of early nostalgia. I'd like to point out it contains two massive fails; one obvious, one less so. A day guided by me for anyone who can pick them out (if next season you might have to pay for my travel/accommodation Little Angel ).

Today it would have been very very soft/dodgy off piste so we didn't go although 6 guys did the dogleg which looked OK. Pistes very soft and retour a Siviez is falling apart.
latest report
Thanks to RPF and Swirly for the tips. Great day on Saturday. We arrived at Le Chable to find the car park full and a 400m walk to get to the Gondola. Made it up by 8.45 and followed a combination of the suggestions. Up La Chaux Express and Funispace a few times for runs on the icy pistes with it getting softer each time then skied all the way to Medran to watch the PDG teams coming down. Managed to avoid being overtaken by one team of three who only had 5 skis between them! Then up to Gentianes and down to La Chaux a couple of times - quite busy with spectators and competitors from the PDG. Followed this with a trip up Mont Fort to have a look at the speed skiing. Highlight of the day was a guy at the top of the bumps asking me if there was a blue or green run down and pointing across to skiers left where quite a few people had traversed across to the shoulder. When I said no, only the bumps or off-piste he followed me down anyway - managed about 3 traverses and 2 turns before covering two thirds of the run head first on his back. I only just got out of his way! Then a lunch stop just below Gentaines. Wandered down to the snowpark by La Chaux where there was a big water pool and people giving it a go in various stages of undress. Fair play to one of the Brits who made it across 4th go after 3 spectacular soakings. Finished of with the runs down to Lac des Vaux then back to Ruinettes. Getting pretty soupy by then so took both stages of the Gondola down. Excellent end of season day in bright sunshine. 23C down in Martigny at 16.00.

Now on the ferry just approaching Dover. Work tomorrow but well worth it for an end of season weekend.
snow conditions
DJL, glad you had a good time I'm heading back tomorrow.

So that's it for the season: been an interesting one not much snow but really cold temperatures from January to the start of April kept the snow in great condition, you just had to know where it was. Then there were the massive Easter dumps that provided epic conditions for 2 weeks followed by a final spring snow cycle to take us to the end. Boiling again today as I started packing the car for tomorrows drive. I managed 104 days this season not sure when I'll next make three figures but it will happen at some point.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy