Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

brian
brian
RPF wrote:
Mont forgotten the name

It's the Dent Blanche. (Pretty sure your Mont Blanc is the Grand Combin as well, but what's in a name? wink )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, Cheers Brian thats the one.
Looks like I'll be leaving leading tours to the others for a bit longer Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forgot to take the camera as I was busy filling the bag with big heavy things as practice for multi-day tours. Snow was ace, perfect spring snow on E-S aspects at altitude, breakable crust lower down, but that's not a problem on a board. The Dixence dam is effing huge!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

(Pretty sure your Mont Blanc is the Grand Combin as well, but what's in a name?)

About 500 vertical metres.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic pics on this thread. Keep it up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gilo, man i love u
rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, where did you go? Down to Pralong again? This is the 2nd time you've offered no pictures Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RPF, nice pics although CSki's salopettes almost blinded me!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobinch wrote:
RPF, nice pics although CSki's salopettes almost blinded me!

sorted
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch, yeah. There's no way I can fit the SLR in with all the other stuff, meant to take my crappy point and shoot though. Will take it today.

RPF arrgggh you've zombiefied her.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

arrgggh you've zombiefied her.

Yeah, but she is totally focused now. She has even put some rocker in her slalom skis wink

I missed yet another tour today. Made it up in good time and discovered a bit of my boot that holds the cuff on had broken Twisted Evil so decided better not chance skiing it out of the resort. got it fixed and Skinned up from Medran to La Chaux to get some skinning miles in the legs (and to sweat out St Patricks Day which I've been attending for the last 6 weeks Smile ).

It was warm today and runs lower than Ruinettes are becoming slushy in the afternoon. Its as well I brought plenty of Zardoz with me for the spring snow.
Although now I think of it, liquid Teflon might not be great for helping my skins to stick Shocked

I brought the camera but took no pics, afterall I was just skinning up the piste. However, I did find a couple I'd not posted already of a happier day Very Happy

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That last one is nice...good looking lad....I wonder where he gets it from !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rungsp, Must be his mothers side Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"I always did like RPF" is her reply.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RPF, the final climb today was a bit sporting wink

Glad you got you boot fixed at least, was probably the sensible option not to risk it. We'll get you out at some point Laughing

Snow was a bit crustier due to some high cloud, however, this was in out favour as we had to climb/traverse some slopes that with more sun might have been a bit less stable. Snow in shaded places is still pretty good and there was corn on other aspects at lower altitudes. Pistes low down are getting a bit scrapped but still not as bad as in Jan.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Some pics of the Verbier Extreme today.... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62986&start=40

latest report
Powder day today! Just have to get to the top of Mt Fort, Bec or one of the Combins to enjoy it! And maybe some sun this afternoon???
snow report
bobinch, pissing it down here right now.
ski holidays
Swirly, heading up now with the skins. Gonna get above that rain and find some white snow!
snow report
bobinch, good luck, cloud is down to the treeline, looks like it rained a lot overnight as almost no buildings have any snow left on the roofs.
snow report
Swirly, knew it was going to warm up some more but is it really that bad?
ski holidays
midgetbiker, It's pissing down in Verbier and all the lifts are closed. The valley is rocking to the sound of explosions as they dynamite all the sticky, claggy snow. Likely to clear up this afternoon.
ski holidays
When is it supposed to cool down again? This is going to do some serious damage to the snow and it's not like there was that much before.
snow report
midgetbiker, not right yet. Probably colder towards the end of the week. Looks like there is a bit of a storm cycle developing.

Things are not that bad: it is going to have fallen as snow above 2200m. It is just a case of sitting tight until stuff has had a chance to freeze such that it is not going to be dangerous.
ski holidays
No lifts open by 1230, time for a beer, binoculars and a bit of avalanche spotting as the sun comes out.
snow conditions
Steve Sparks, The tracouet gondola is running here, or it was when I went to the shop at 11. Not sure if there is much else open as they have been bombing. It was pretty grim though the clag was down to about 1600m, cleared a bit now but there's still plenty of low cloud about.
latest report
2 weeks today we will be back in Nendaz. Praying this snow that is forecast for the end of next week arrives and the freezing level drops.
snow report
Avalanche risk 3 and they shut all the lifts Puzzled Should probably have been higher as all the steeper faces had slid in the last couple of days.

Drizzle stopped and sun poked it's head up around lunchtime so we headed up on skins from Medran

Anyone for the Attelas couloirs.... The off piste is completely shot. Everything steep has slid and what's left has melted all the way through. Like skiing through heavy sludge

Got 100m above Ruinettes before an irate pisteur tried to run us off the mountain in his cat track. Can't quite see how skinning up the middle of a piste with no steep banks was risky but he wasn't interested in explaining his reasons and beers at Chez Dany were calling so we headed down some freshly prepared pistes. First T-shirt ski of the season Very Happy

The snow cover on piste is still good but the freezing level must have been up around Attelas at 2700m so everything was soft. We need a cold night for everything to refreeze. Doesn't look like it's coming until end of the week so probably not going to be a great week to be in resort. Although Verbier Extreme rescheduled for Tuesday and hopefully most of the face is high enough to have avoided the worst of the big melt....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GFS chart currently looking very good from Friday 26th onwards. Cold temps and some significant snow. Fingers crossed....
snow report
Snow forcast suggest it might get down to freezing at 2200m so might be okay above Ruinette, on the plus side here for two weeks and most forcasts showing colder with some snow on Friday, fingers crossed.
snow conditions
bobinch wrote:
Avalanche risk 3 and they shut all the lifts Puzzled Should probably have been higher as all the steeper faces had slid in the last couple of days.

Veysonnaz was open, though very wet.

Got caught out by the closure of the Col des Montets so had to drive back via Geneva.
snow conditions
RPF, that monochrome shot of CSki makes it look like she's got a beard! bobinch, let's hope so!
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, Laughing
[/b]
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, Laughing
She felt out of place around me and Swirly so she grew one.
snow report
Ah, she clearly mistook "Grow a freaking pair" for "Grow some facial hair"
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, can you do either or are you still faffing around on race skis?

I think the boys might have gotten to me....
ski holidays
slush, slush beautiful slush.
snow report
CSki, miaow, bit rich from someone who caused the biggest outbreak of face-palming in SH history with this post: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62297#1476298

I've done more days on my LPs than either pair race skis in the last 18 months (not counting in the fridge)
ski holidays
Swirly, skiing during the week has always been overrated wink The weekedn is what it's all about and the forecast for this one is looking rather tasty! Any idea what a big dump on this base base will mean in terms of snowpack stability? Don't want that pisteur running us off the mountain again....
snow report
bobinch, I don't know but there's virtually no snow on anywhere you'd want to ski at the moment as it's all down the bottom in lumps of avvy debris.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy