Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Small new Chairlift at Vieux Plan Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was in Peisey at the end of September and was able to photograph the installations for the "new" short chairlift being installed at the top part of Plan Peisey, to link in with the main blue run down to la Vanoise Express. It will only be 3 pylons in length, but will be partcularly useful for skiers who take the very pleasant La Combe red piste. Instead of taking the quite steep Poma lift back up the mountain, you can now take a very easy blue (track) back towards the village, and catch this new lift directly outside the La Vache restaurant. It will also save a walk past the old garages back to the 6 man chair and la Vanoise Express cable car.
This will be particularly pleasing for Chloe and Ronky, the Devon girls who lease and run the resto.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 2-11-09 19:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the link to the photo of the new site for the chair, directly outside La Vache -
http://picasaweb.google.com/u3awalker/NewChairliftPlanPeiseySept09#5399570041247941474
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fj, do you think this lift will be finished in time for this season?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
covered at length (well compared to the length of the chair!) here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54901
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just read the other topic which I missed, sorry about that. Just to confirm, it will definitely be built for this season. It is on the new piste map, it will be called Le Parchay, the short blue run down from the main piste will be called Le Poney. The old 2 man lift , which was demolished a few years ago, used to leave from where the Ski Beat chalets now are. This was called Parchet chair, but the authorities have now decided to call everything in Peisey ending in "y" (very romantic). As I said before, it will be a fairly short chair and will easily be completed for Dec. The eventual aim is to make it an "Espace Ludique" or fun area for the kids. It will be floodlit at night, there will be a toboggan run open also in the evening, and artificial snow cannons will also be installed, now that the big new reservoir has been completed in the 2000 bowl.
It is true that the three pylons, as mentioned elsewhere, have been saved from the old Plan Bois lift (now Le Derby), though you will be pleased to know that the old rolling carpet will not be resurrected - too dangerous for the 21st century! So the end stations will be new, the middle bits will be second hand. Oh yes, it is costing 2 million euros.
For those who know the existing children's play area, near Les Melezes, it is totally inadequate, I think this will be much better when it is all finally completed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fj wrote:
... though you will be pleased to know that the old rolling carpet will not be resurrected ...

I certainly am! Sounds like a nice development for Peisey.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope that they have got the concrete in for the pylons at least by now as it will start to be too cold/snowy to do it anytime soon. However both all linking web sites are confedent that it will go ahead as normal. Does anyone have any more recent pics?

Andy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

It will be floodlit at night, there will be a toboggan run open also in the evening, and artificial snow cannons will also be installed,

That sounds like a cracking idea and will make a short stroll over from Vallandry worthwhile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bad news, they say it may well not be open until 2011. Not been given a reason other than work still in progress. To save dupilcation I will do all my updates on the Les Arcs 2009/2010 snow report thread each week. If you want to read more latest news about the resort please go there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy