Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skicarriage.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone else 'win' membership with them at the Ski Show? Or was it just me and I am just being overly cynical?

The fact that membership is £22, and then you need to add on ~£100 to get the skis to where you want them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn't get 'free' membership, but had seen them advertised in one of the ski mags recently. My initial thought was 'wow great idea', until I saw the prices and figured out it would for most people be considerably more expensive than taking them along with you.

I think it's an interesting concept, but it needs to be cheaper, and some of the arguments on the website are a bit odd, like including the cost of ski luggage in the price comparison when that's a one-off cost that doesn't apply to every trip, or claiming that you miss a morning's skiing to get your kit serviced in resort, when I have always dropped mine in at 5pm and picked them up at 8.30am.

I think it could be a great idea, but I would never do it if it cost more than taking them myself.

D
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look sliek a useful service but doesn't look like there is a viable business in doing this judging by their prices.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Needs to be priced at similar price to DIY carriage charges, but with free bundled service and no airport hassle to make it the deal winner. TO carriage charges are a bit lower I think, but the one week per year TO skier/boarder is not their market. If it costs more to get your skis there than VIP/Platinum ski rental, then it's priced wrongly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, sounds like the most epic failure of a business plan to me! Why would i want my skis sat in some dudes garage somewhere for him to do some half assed wax job and then post them to my hotel when i want to ski. I can do all that at home thanks!!

And what about if im taking two pairs!? I may as well just buy a brand new pair in resort! Companies like this anger me. Then again the people who use this kind of service would probably anger me too! /end rant
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LOL glad it's not just me that thought that then!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Essentially a good idea but they have not got it right and their price comparisons are not realistic (and in the Ryanair one the text and the example don't match) - are these guys skiers themselves or people who think skiers are rich folks who'd pay any amount to reduce effort?

From their website it seems as if they use UPS and that explains the high cost. I've only dealt with UPS once and it was not an experience that'd give me confidence to give them my skis.

My skis are serviced by a friend - cost £0. I have a bag that cost £12 and £5 buys more than enough bubble wrap at the local garden centre to pad it with. I have 2 trips, one will cost £29 for return carriage (Skiworld) and the other £0, as I am going by train. Total for 2 trips, even if I was buying that bag/bubble wrap new this year - £46 plus a bit of effort. If I signed up with them? £22 + £17 + £90 + £90 --- > Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Liveezy wrote:
Wow, sounds like the most epic failure of a business plan to me! Companies like this anger me.

So I take it you won't be making an offer Peter?... they want 100,000 UKP for 12.5% of the business.

butterfly wrote:

From their website it seems as if they use UPS and that explains the high cost. I've only dealt with UPS once and it was not an experience that'd give me confidence to give them my skis.

Yes I'm not sure those boots are suitable footwear for a delivery company

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone else came up with this general idea a few years ago( without the service costs) and was planning to do it with golf clubs too. It never got off the ground as he found the costs involved were too much compared to the airline carrriage charges.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just looked at their website and personally think it looks like a riddiculous, unecessary and overpriced service.

I think the price comparison pages are totally misleading - well unless you have half a brain. They have actually included the cost of a 79 quid dakine bag in the price comparison, thus adding 79 quid to the year one diy price. My soft burton bag which cost me 40 odd quid has already done me 5 trips and and has plenty more life in it. So more like 5 quid per trip once averaged out.

They've also stated BA carriage fees whereas I think in reality if you only take one large roller bag as your one piece of luggage, with your ski or board and everything else in it, provided your within the weight limit there is no carriage charge.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not ski carriage, but does anyone know the names of companies that will take your luggage out to the hotel and collect it.

My wife has lost the plot with the amount of clothing she has bought and there is no way its going to go into a suitcase, with her boots.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bar shaker, Try First Luggage, not cheap though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, Not cheap but thanks.

There was someone else who was sub £50 and you filled a bag they provided.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy