Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top trin tip... Split ticketting.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I dont want to highjack another thread so starting a new one.

On the glencoe therad someone talked about the rpice of train tickets to scotland and said they were expensive. Here is a top tip. Split the journey but dont change trains.

EG I live in the west end of glasgow.

Glasgow Queen st to Arisaig, just beyond Ft William (nevis range) was £97 for two. But If I went from Dumbarton (same time from west end to Queen St) it was only £50 a £47 pound saving. Her is the best bit. I could buy a ticket from Queen st on the same train to dumbarton for £11. So for the same journey it would have been £61 with two tickets or £97 buying one ticket.

I could have even went from Partick (in glasgow) for £56 changng at dumbarton.

THis will apply to people travelling from all over the UK so worth checking out.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it likely that the UK government might consider any sort of sane national transport system at any point, do you think? Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, very unlikely I should think, experience shows us that nothing else they do is sane so why should transport be an exception wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Even local train fares are ridiculous, cheaper to drive and park in the city than it is to get a train rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tell me about it ARV.

I work in Edinburgh and it is £295/month for a ticket. Only £100 for the bus but it takes between 1hr 40 and 2hr 40 dependingon the traffic. The train is 50mins.

cheers
bob
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This even works in my locality. Day return by train from Langley Mill to Birmingham to visit my sister is £28! Definitely cheaper to drive and pay for parking. However, day return from Nottingham (one stop away) is £13.20 plus an additional day return from Langley Mill to Nottingham is £3.80. £11 cheaper for precisely the same journey, but paid via the two different train companies involved.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not totally sure of the validity. Worst case is you may have to step off and back on the train at the appropriate station?
It used to be the case that a ticket to a more distant destination would be cheaper than the one you want to go to, but such tickets were not valid to step off the train there, so you get a rollocking in the unlikely event of a ticket inspector being there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can legally split ticket (one ticket half way then another for the second half) but you cant legally "through ticket" eg glasgow to birmingham but get off a t Sheffield. Actual;ly the problem is coming home on a cheap special offer. My student tried this. She was warned that she would hve to pay the difference in the full price from sheffield.
Legally you can get off early so they cant stop you on the way from Glasgow, however, on the way back you would need to get on at B'ham. You cant get "on" at Sheffield when your start is B'Ham.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:
Is it likely that the UK government might consider any sort of sane national transport system at any point, do you think? Laughing

And if any government adviser suggested it, they would be sacked immediately!! wink

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you also need to look at buying two singles to your destination rather than a return, two standard class singles London to Sheffield £37.00 super saver off peak retrun £60.50 on the same trains, works on other routes as well.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The guy that does loads on GMTV about money saving tips - Martin something - recommended this ages ago, it's ridiculous. Well done for flagging it up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep.

I'm a regular on Moneysaving expert.com Martin Lewis's site.

eg
car breakdown £32
excess hire insurance £54 for europe.

a lady even got her car insured with cashback from quidico for 98p. yes less than a quid.

Also check first class. I went to Liverpool for a meeting first class. iF i BOUGHT A NORMAL TICKET AND 4 COFFEES ooops caps lock. it was cheaper buying a 1st and getting free coffee.

cheers
bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy