Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the best ski magazine?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to subscribe to a ski mag for christmas and was going to go for Fall Line, any recommendations on this?

Also wondering what websites I can trawl for ski gear - I'm tired of looking at Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fall Line is good and often have excellent subscription offers, I've got some Scott goggles and a Head helmet this way

Otherwise Powder from the USA is also good and in particular has stunning photos. They have cheap subscription offers including delivery to the UK
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But would Powder focus mostly on the USA?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like Powder, started buying it (Borders). It is a fiver though Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fall Line is prob the better of the UK ones, but that said I have yet to check out Dark Summer
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
adance, I asked a simular question a while back http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52732&highlight=.

On gear clothing , Cotswold outdors, Finnisterre, Embers Merino, Beans, Ski Bartlett, Simply piste, to name but a few, depening on what gear you need.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for that - gives me a long list of mags to look into!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
radar, I do remember that thread. Most people said the majority of mags where poor and that the internet was the way to go. However i think it's a bit like cd's versus downloads. It's always better to have something actually there rather than the internet. Have you seen many people reading book readers? I have seen a total of zero.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv wrote:
I like Powder, started buying it (Borders). It is a fiver though Sad

I think my year's subscription (6 mags) was about £15 delivered so £5 per issue is expensive!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fall line is about the best one, Powder is by far the best of the US ones which are pretty horrible. I don't get much out of magazines, it is usually the same kind of stuff rehashed and with adjective laden reviews that are of little or no use. For stoke, reviews and places to go I will stick with info from trustworthy posters on TGR and epicski than magazines whose revenue is generated mostly by advertising.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
narc wrote:
For stoke, reviews and places to go I will stick with info from trustworthy posters on TGR and epicski...

Stoke? what like Stoke on Trent?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fall line is the best. I also get Powder which isn't bad.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I subscribed to 'Fall Line' three years ago or so, tempted in by a subscription offer although I later cancelled but not until I'd already paid them a good few quid.

The magazine's content was interesting and reasonably varied (if rather too prosaic and photo focused imo) but their failure to deliver the promised ski helmet nor pay any attention to my subsequent chasing up said promised helmet and their shabbiness in just ignoring me chasing up said promised subscription offer helmet just peed me off so much that my subscription had to finish.

The whole experience has guaranteed that I'll never be subscribing to any other publication again on the basis of an introductory offer but Fall Line remain in my personal list of disappointing consumer experiences.

I've posted on one of these magazine threads before in the sure and certain knowledge that one or some of the 'Fall Line' staff also read and post at snowheads and invited reply, p.m. or some other response but wasn't surprised to be ignored again. rolling eyes

I did buy myself a helmet in the end because as we all know, it is foolhardy and irresponsible to be on the mountain without one. wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
narc wrote:
For stoke, reviews and places to go I will stick with info from trustworthy posters on TGR and epicski...

Stoke? what like Stoke on Trent?

No, like this: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168376
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think Powder is well worth the subscription price, it's a bit US focused but it has good writing, if a bit flowery sometimes, and lovely pics.
ski holidays
Fall line is good but the constant filling of 30 pages with gear reviews (gear guide allready) and the same directory of stuff i can find in 2 mins is getting a bit annoying.
ski holidays
Well it is hard to browse the internet on the pan. Happy But not impossible. Ooooops Happy

Mags still have uses. Happy

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
My payment for a Fall Line subby came out on the 25th of last month. Im due the first issue of the mag, a pair of Scott goggles and a TShirt.

im still waiting.

I am giving them th benefit of the dought due to the postal strike situation.
latest report
Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard
snow report
I will subscribe to Fall line this year, as it costs about €8 in the shops and they don't always have it.
ski holidays
I ordered a Fall line sub weeks ago and they have only just got round to debiting my account. But looking forward to getting my stuff soon (hopefully). Smile
latest report
I've been thinking about subscribing to a mag, so thanks for the recommendations.

Just had a look and Fall lines and they are doing a deal on a merino baselayer with a new sub at the moment, which is a shame because I would have preferred a new pair of goggles or a Helmet! Do they change the offer each month?
snow report
Any opinions on Ski+Board? Never see it on the bookstalls now.
ski holidays
skilegs, It is usually available in WHS here in Cheltenham.

I rarely buy it. I almost always buy Fall Line, and sometimes buy DMS&S (mainly for the competitions).
snow conditions
skilegs, Ski & Board is the Ski Club mag, not dissimilar to DMS&S, lots of advertorials, juts managed to get hold of a copy of Fall Line, a bit of struggle to find, big WH Smiths seem to be the only place to find it, heavy focus on off piste but a pretty good mag, I am a full on corduroy person Smile
ski holidays
radar, If you have one near you, Borders Bookshops stocked it last year, as well as large WHS stores.
ski holidays
They were running both the goggles and base layer offer in this months mag. Fall line goggles were being offered last year so i would assume they were getting rid of excess and the base layer deal is this years proper offer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy