Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April advice again please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know I may have asked this before and that others are asking similar questions so please forgive me! But we have narrowed down our options a bit and now for the week of the 10th April (or possibly the 17th) we are considering:

Val d'Isere

Arc 2000 or possibly Plan Peisey

Courchevel 1850

Les Deux Alpes

We are considering only these because of availability with Esprit and Mark Warner and the need for a creche place for our baby!

I think we should be ok with these but which would be more ok than the others?

Also perhaps PG can advise, would we be safe to stay in Plan Peisey for Les Arcs or should we go for Arc 2000? And what are both these places like? Been to 1800 before but never the others.

Also how tough is Val d'Isere? never been but the rumours that the runs are undergraded makes me a bit nervous!

Thanks a lot, advice much appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, have you considered La Rosiere, there is a creche in the village Les Galopins, which has been used by a number of our guests very happily. La Rosiere is very snowsure at 1850 metres, sunny and south facing. We have availability for the w/c 10th & 17th April. Have alook at our ad in snowShops or PM me for more details.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarah,

Have you condidered Club Med. It has excellent childrens' facilities. The following three resorts cater for babies ( Baby Club Med ) from age 4 months : Flaine; Serre Chevalier; Villars-sur-Ollon ( the last one in Switzerland ). For kids over 2 years old there is Petit Club Med and the resorts are : Flaine; Serre Chevaler, Villars-sur-Ollon and Sahoro ( the last one in Japan! ). Although Club Med caters for some of the resorts you mention it only caters for older children in them.

Been several times with CM and can highly recommend them. They really look after kids whilst the adults can go off skiing for the day.

PG will probably know a lot more on the skiing scene. Been to Val D'Isere - its not really that tough IMO, a good selection of skiing for all standards. Linked to Tignes.

www.clubmed.co.uk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, I've done a resort report for Plan Peisey - see the alphbetical index at the top of the Resorts forum. Obviously it's a lot lower than Arc 2000 and I don't know how well it will link to the rest of the domain in late season but since it is the destination point of the Vanoise Express link across to La Plagne I'd guess linking will always be possible even if it is on artificial snow. PG will be able to give a better opinion on this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems a bit risky, especially w/c April 17th - the Vanoise link shuts a week before the rest of the domain, ie around April 24th - subject to conditions of course. Always a bit of a gamble late season - and despite current snowfall, snow depths are well under last year's levels at many resorts right now. Still time for things to improve, but if you're booking up in advance, if you're looking at Les Arcs I would go for the 2000 village.

There have been favourable reports on Club Med before - there's one at Arc 2000 as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah yes PG- I'd forgotten the Vanoise opens and closes at different times from the main domain. Good point. Could of course be the Montchavin side which is the limiting factor (I think that's at ~ 1200m ?) but your advice to go for Arc 2000 late season is sound.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kuwait_ian, every picture tells a story!! Snow levels were better earlier on last year, yet....

(17th of April, Peisey, last year....)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, wow - I was at least right about the man-made stuff wink The hotel (pink building) certainly wasn't ski-in / ski-out then. sarah that's your definitive answer on Plan Peisey unless you can hang off for a late availability IF (a big if) the snow is exceptional later this season.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 15-02-05 8:08; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, we skied down to there much earlier in April a few years ago and it was just about like that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG,
Wow! Thanks for that picture....a definite no no then! My husband would freak! He's a bit reluctant anyway to go so late in the season as we normally get away New Year and then Feb or early March but with the baby this year it's April or not at all. So I have to be as certain as I can be about the snow!

What's your view on Arc 2000 or Val d'Isere?

Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To be honest, this year - if you have to book now - I would go for Val. That's because there is as yet no artificial snowmaking at Arc 2000 and the snow depths higher up have not been fantastic so far this season. Although they are improving with current snowfall, there's been a lot of wind, and for once conditions have been better at lower altitude.

Espace Killy is better covered in that respect.

Taking a baby, you need life to be as simple as possible!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy