Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large group advice :0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Im Loving snowHead so much at the moment I am thinking of taking on the daunting role of group organiser for next years trip. 2011.

After reading some similar threads I am kind of reluctant to organise the whole deal myself and have started looking at tour operator packages, we always normally go with a T.O. due to complex multiple requirements and a group size of up to 65.

I first contacted Iglu and as is typical of my luck I got the YTS person in training who I am still waiting to call me back several months down the line. A pretty poor show when we would be spending over 30k with them. Due to this experience I am here looking for recommendations, advice and suggestions that will save me tearing out my hair six months down the line. Fortunately time is on my side with the 2010 trip already sorted.

Requirements are:

Accomodation - Half board
Min 35 max 65 people.
preferably all accomodated together, usually been in a hotel for this reason.

Price - Absolute maximum of £550 pp (flights, transfers, accom) if cheaper so much the better.

Depart - 1st/2nd week Jan due to GCSE's etc, looking for 7 days Sat to Sat.

Venue - completely open for suggestions, have always skied France, Austria past eight years. Very open to considering travelling further afield.

Real mix of skiers from complete starters to advanced. Couple of boarders in party. Ski school a must as is childcare provision. Decent apres would be a bonus but not essential.

I hear some very nice deals to Banff just now, whats the furthest in advance you can book as ideal world I would like to have deposits together by end of Feb/March 2010.

Looking forward to suggestions and recommendations.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-11-09 16:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ledge, get in touch with tour operators directly rather than an agent like Iglu. You're much more likely to get a better deal on prices and much more likely to get attention from suitable people in the company.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ledge, a good friend organized a trip for our group last year. Her name is Margi and you can find her details on www.alpine-events.co.uk. She's been organising groups for a few years and is a mine of good info.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ledge, go direct to TOs, and look for companies which run their own hotels. Try:

Crystal/Thomson/First Choice
Rocketski
Skiworld
Ski Olympic
Ski Total/Esprit
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In all seriousness I would PM Wayne on here, he's got a deal in Folgarida going for next year that he might be able to do for you.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16304

Failing that I would recommend rocketski / equity, I've done a few big group holidays with them and they're well geared up to dealing with groups of the size you mention, and offer more resorts than just Folgarida
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We normally end up with Crystal or Thompson deal, so its good to get other referrals. I will definately send Wayne a pm as i have seen him advising on other simialr threads.

I would love to try Italy skiing, if for no other reason then the food. Do you think the budget is too tight for anything Swiss?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy