Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow trains - Rail europe. February half term trains on sale soon

Poster: A snowHead
A reminder email received from rail europe.

Winter trains on sale

From Thursday 5 November 2009, French trains running on the new winter timetable will go on sale for travel up to 8 March 2010. The timetable change from summer to winter schedules takes place on Sunday 13 December 2009.

Normally, French trains can be booked a maximum of 3 months in advance of the date of travel, but the change over to the winter timetable means that the booking horizons change slightly for a couple of months.

So, on the 14 October ‘09, passengers were able to book rail travel in France for dates between 13 December 2009 and 13 January 2010 inclusive.

The 3 month rule applied again from 15 October, until 5am on 5 November 2009, when sales will open for trains running between 5 February and 8 March 2010 inclusive.

For any trains running after 8 March 2010, the usual 3 month booking horizon will apply, so anyone wanting to book a train on 9 March will need to wait until 9 December 2009.

The winter timetable features increased services on routes popular with skiers, such as the Paris to Bourg St Maurice overnight service, which runs every night throughout the winter ski season.

Sophie
Rail Europe Ltd
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another useful bit of information from rail europe is this availability calender http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/latest_deals/cheapest_fares.jsp for cheap eurostar trains from London to Paris. It shows the availability of the £59 return fares.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A not as useful link for trains from Paris to Turin, Oulx or Bardonecchia for 35€. It is only showing trains from 1st to 6th December 2009 on this link at the moment.
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/daily/deals/vsc/promotion_train/artesia_paris_turin.html?rfrr=OPE%2FTrain%2Foffre-traversez-la-France_body_Click%20here%20to%20find%20out%20more!
Edit 2/11/09 08:00 Trains from 2nd November to 6th December now being displayed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A reminder for those looking to book on the train for half term. Set your alarms for 5am tomorrow morning.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skichampcouk, yesterday the websites said wait until 22nd November for the last week in February... But thanks - I'll try tomorrow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tried this site this am www.snowcarbon.co.uk did not work outside of train horizons perhaps will work tomorrow
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How does one get the cheapest return on Eurostar. It appears you can't book the tickets till you are 4 months from the return date..however surely if you leave it a week the cheap outward tickets will have gone to weekend trippers to paris.

Feeling frustrated and stressed about this! Any tips?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
do you know when the eurostar trains go on sale for march?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the eurostar trains are always 4 months in advance..so 1st March will be for sale on 1st December and so on. The problem is that you have to wait for the return date to be available to get the return ticket which might mean losing out on the cheapest outward fair..this is the query I raised above..does anyone have any tips?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Having to decide whether to take the snow train out there friday night for £100 (single) or getting the eurostar out to Paris and then the TGV onwards.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowymum, i think both eurostar and tgv seperatly use single fares, there is no single fare unless your booking the train directly to Bourg.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
10:00am Just had a quick check on times and prices for travelling at February half term (Saturday 13th and 20th Feb) from London to Moutiers. Best I could find is depart London 06:22 arrive Paris 09:47, Depart Paris 12:10 arrive Moutiers 16:15. Return journey depart Moutiers 14:31 arrive Paris 19:31, Depart Paris 21:13 arrive London 22:29. Cost for London to Paris return was £59, Paris to Moutiers 82.4euros return with the outward journey in first class (it was cheaper than 2nd?). So around £135 return isn't too bad and it gives you a bit of time in Paris to travel between stations and maybe grab something to eat. It was saying that places at these prices were limited but shows it is possible to travel at a reasonable price at half term. Maybe if I had looked at 5am it would have been even cheaper.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked the TGV from Paris to Bourg st. Maurice for the 6th March at 12:50 for €22 single. I'm very happy with that as Im budgeting myself max of £200 to get there and back. I reckon I will be way under that now. Waiting for the eurostar timetable now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eurostar timetable is already available up to July 2010.

For Snowymum... Eurostar & Rail Europe will not take return bookings until all the legs are open to book. TrainsEurope are also the same.

I tried my contact at Rail Canterbury (01227 450088), they will always take your booking and book each leg as they become available, thereby you will always get the cheapest seats available for when you book.

By the way Rail Canterbury also has good priced seats still available for the direct Ski-Trains, including half-term. Aparantly they reserved a block number when they went on sale back in July...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skichampcouk, by 14:00 those prices were available only on pretty out of hours trains. Fortunate I saw this today (thanks hugely for the OP), as I needed to book for those dates to Grenoble. Interestingly the cheapest way down was via Lille, then TGV Lille-Grenoble direct, but the return route doesn't work as the one train a day from Grenoble arrives in Lille too late for the last Euro$tar - and so you couldn't get the return fare price (single was about £10 more). Euro$tar prices to Paris started shooting up about 3pm. By the time I finally booked at about 15:30, after spending rather too long faffing about checking route timing and connections, the 06:55 was the latest morning train one on which you could still get the £29.50 fare. Unfortunately the last one at that price went while I was in the booking process, so had to get it at £44.00 - grrr. I still managed to get TGV Paris-Grenoble €22 each way, although again it was warning of the last few seats at that price, and most trains were up to €60+ by then.
ski holidays
Just received another email from SNCF offering trains from Paris to Geneva from 20 euros each way. Trains still available at February half term at the cheap rates.
snow report
Ditto on the thanks to skichamp - I'm booking 12 people london->bourg and back - i think you saved me a small fortune as I got in at 8am and booked everything online before the phonelines opened Smile aj xx
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy