Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skis online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I bought some skis on the Internet (skiconrad) and the shop mounted the bindings after I supplied them with my boot sole length. The front and back din settings are correct, and the mid point of my boots are at the right point. But, this is the first time I have bought skis and not had them mounted in a shop. Should they be good to go as they are?
i.e. would the bindings have been checked as standard when they mounted them?
Or should I take them to a shop to have them checked?
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like you just need to make sure the (damn, I've been drinking) forward pressure thingy is set correctly.

Which bindings do you have?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marker Griffons
yeah read about foreward pressure settings on epicski - dont claim to understand it though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forward pressure on Griffons is fairly intuitive. Marc may give you more insight but im sure any tech worth the money would have set this for you
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elston, piece of p1ss to do. Did you get an instruction booklet with the Griffons?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do have it somewhere but cant seem to find it at this moment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marc, I found the mounting instructions. Cant seem to find anything about forward pressure on the sheet
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Liveezy, im sure any tech worth the money would have set this for you

Without having your boot to use they will not have been able to make sure the forward pressure is set correctly, so it will need checking and adjusting if necessary.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you cant set the forward pressure without your boots. With the griffons, place the boot in the binding, then take note of the position of the rear most screw on the heel track housing. You want the screw to sit flush with the housing. Take the boot about of the bindings then turn the screw forwards/backwards, place boot in binding, check again, repeat until flush, done. You shouldnt turn the screw with boots in the binding (i know a lot of shops do it like that coz its quicker), because you can strip the worm screw/track.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks skifluff, I can now see on the mounting instructions your directions. Checked them with my boots clicked in and the screws sit as they should do.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy