Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skiier Looking for some advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Folks

Just looking for some advice, have a few days off from 30th Nov. Have never skiied early in Europe before but want to get my legs going again, after the summer break.

Where is best to go at that time of year? Is there good snow coverage that early?

Anyone know of any trips planned around that time that may be worth checkin out.

Hope ya can help

Simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonspooner, welcome to snowheads. In the first week of december, you;re more or less limited to GLaciers. Tignes wil be open, in fact it's open already - there may be other parts of the ski area open by the tail end of the week
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hear the Kaprun glacier had a good dump of snow last week, its close to Zell am See in Austria and is about 3000 m high. Its an ideal spot to get your snow legs back but far from the most challenging spot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simonspooner, I went skiing in Saas Fee at the same time the season before last. There's a glacier with year round skiing but the year I went there was plenty of snow right back to the village. I stayed in the Hotel Europa and it is quite cheap at the time you want to go.

I booked the accomodation from the www.saasfee.ch website and flew to Geneva and bought a Swiss transfer ticket from www.swisspasses.com which covers you from any airport to and from the resort. Train to Visp and the postbus on the last leg to Saas Fee.

The Europa is not very close to the lifts but they had space in a hotel near the lifts where you could leave your skis and boots. During the week at this time of year they only ran the cable car up from the village, with the newer Alpin Express lift only running at weekends. I've just checked the website and it doesn't mention the old cable car any more but shows the Alpin Express open today, so maybe the cable car has gone ?

If the snow is ok back to the village, then lunch in the Gletschergrotte restaurant is highly recommended. It's just off the blue run back to the village signposted from the piste. Aim for an early lunch if the sun is shining as the sun disappears behind the mountains after about 1pm and you would be better off inside.

If you want any more information let me know.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had an awesome day skiing in Les Get the last weekend of Nov last year. I fear that that was a bit of a fluke so would recommend Glaciers or Tignes/ Val Thorens which should both be open with at least limited skiing.

Good luck

Andy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
simonspooner, If you are trying to book up now, then you really do need to limit yourself to resorts with galciers.

If you can wait until last minute, the odds are you will have a fair choice of resorts, but there may be nothing much - that is so early in the season that you can't be certain even a week or two ahead unless there has been a really huge early season dump.

The last couple of years, Schladming seems to have been one of the earliest non-glacier resorts to open, but it certainly isn't guaranteed to be this year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is only one safe destination and that is Zermatt. I will be there!! along with an awful lot of snow and deserted pistes. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hintertux in Austria is another possibility.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had an absolutely fabulous time skiing the Rettenbach and Tiefenbach glaciers in Sölden last week. And I'm looking forward to Hintertux next weekend, especially as it is cold here now and due to snow down to 1000m by Monday!

Any of the glaciers in Austria offer first class and interesting skiing in the early season. Look at resorts in the areas of the glaciers and then wait and see what happens - some resorts will be open by then, albeit with restricted number of lifts simply due to the lack of customers. Weekends could be good but during the working week the number of open lifts could be restricted no matter how good the snow is. If the punters aren't there it does not make sense to run the machinery!

Sue wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back from skiing on Pitztal Glacier, in the Tirol, Austria - 3 days of powder and 2 days blue skies and sun...... perfect for getting ski legs back early
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy