Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Biggest on piste vertical on one lift?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
JT, Pylones brings you round onto the face and is technically a piste, even if never pisted. I wouldn't classify it as merely a weave round the back of the mountain.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sideshow_Bob,

no, agreed .... but nobody normally uses that anyway, I wouldn't have thought.

I was thinking more about the back of Pointe... far better to stay left there all the way down...but again, not a piste

This question for me is better served as total one run vertical.. I think mine is 2400m . I wonder what that figure would be pisted,
probably the KM at 3899 down to 1650 in Zermatt ..?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT wrote:
What vert is the top CC at ADH and then down the front side?

2250m from Pic Blanc to Enversin all on reds and blacks. but it's not a single lift to get up there
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK so lets assume you're at JH on a quietish day but no so quiet the tram doesn't spin continuously - at a claimed 9 mins its probably possible to race the tram - say 3 laps an hour max , 6 hours = 23,000m vertical in a day.

Hmm better make sure you're superman too.

EDITED FOR DODGY MATHS

Looks like the record under the old tram was nearly 87,000 vertical feet (21 laps) but squeezed out by Snowbird's all groomer run

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/4415/arrgh-jackson-hole-loses-to-snowbird

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 30-10-09 14:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It looks as though 1200 - 1300m is the verticle limit of a single cable car, without secondary or intermediate stations. So...it looks as though Jackson Hole wins, followed by the Grands Montet.

My suggestion was going to be the very long and incredibly fast cable car in Saas Fee up to the Felskin, but that seem to only climb a mere 1150m.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe not quite in the same league as some of the big French resorts, and definitely not a normal Piste, but the Dammkar in Mittenwald offers 1300m vertical over 7Km with a single gondola from Mittenwald up to the Karwendelspitze. Definitely worth a try!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:
It looks as though 1200 - 1300m is the verticle limit of a single cable car, without secondary or intermediate stations. So...it looks as though Jackson Hole wins, followed by the Grands Montet.

GM would be third then, as Kicking Horse is only 2 metres less than Jackson Hole @ 1260m....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt wrote:
GM would be third then, as Kicking Horse is only 2 metres less than Jackson Hole @ 1260m....

1260m at kicking horse is to the top of the stairway to heaven chair. The gondola itself has a vert of 1158m.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, It's further down to Valtournenche from there than to Zermatt.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gazzza,
Quote:

This obscure one has to be a contender:

Untersbergbahn cable car in Salzburg. 1320m vertical ascent. Single pisted run back down.

Though techniclly the start of the ski run is 80m higher than the top of the cable car so you have a walk to the start, though it gives a 1400m descent.

A nice little run, but that extra 80 metres height took me nearly 15 minutes to walk - longer than it took to get down!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy