Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I acquired some ski boots when I was in Dubai and didn't have them fitted properly (yes, very silly I know)

I wanted to see if I could make them fit me somehow (if not I would sell them on ebay). I used them for 2 hours in Ski Dubai and my little toe was numb and the balls of my feet were burning and then getting pins and needles in them.

So... I took them to a local shop and asked for some advice about them, I was told that all new boots will hurt and the type of boot I have chosen is the right level and is a bigger fit to accommodate my wider feet etc.

I paid £40 and they have given me a type of insole thing to put in the bottom. They have told me to keep wearing them around the house as new boots will take 15 hours of skiing on them to 'mould them to your feet'

Now I know nothing about ski boots really, I only have experience of rental boots (which I might add, hurt my feet a lot less).

Do I really need to keep wearing them about the house? Will the burning sensation go away? I am not filled with confidence over them thats all.

Any advice appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Embarassed haha, just noticed the boot - pre wearing thread. Doh.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy