Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire from Innsbruck?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have experience of car hire at Innsbruck airport? Is it straightforward? Is the rental garage on-site or off-site? Do cars come equipped with winter tyres and chains as a matter of course, or do they need to be specified when you book the car?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a doddle. All the usual car hire desks are there just above the main hall, and you just walk from there through to the indoor parking, all on-site, undercover, and very close and handy. Winter tyres will be standard in Austria but you will need to book chains which are usually payable on collection, or at least always have been when I have been there. Leaving the airport you're on the main roads and motorway within a minute or two so it's pretty easy driving.

Is this for Soelden? Drive west and turn left...

D
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Deliaskis wrote:
It's a doddle. All the usual car hire desks are there just above the main hall, and you just walk from there through to the indoor parking, all on-site, undercover, and very close and handy. Winter tyres will be standard in Austria but you will need to book chains which are usually payable on collection, or at least always have been when I have been there. Leaving the airport you're on the main roads and motorway within a minute or two so it's pretty easy driving.

Is this for Soelden? Drive west and turn left...

D

Thanks, yes I'm heading to Solden for a few days in December and car hire seems to be the best option for getting there from Innsbruck.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Get the train and bus - easier and cheaper. I think there is a shuttle but whether it's running that early in the season I'm not sure.

There is going to be enough of us there with cars to transport everyone if we need to travel.

Sue
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue, unfortunately I can't get there until the Monday as I'm in Zermatt the previous week and need to get back to the UK for a couple of nights before I head out to Austria. Not sure if I fancy hauling ski kit and luggage on train and bus services.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, with the airport actually in the center of Innsbruck the train station is a short shuttle bus from the airport, or an even shorter five minute taxi ride. Trains will be very frequent heading in the general direction of Solden (I assume there is a taxi or bus to the resort from the main line station), quite easy and the lugging of kit will be minimal. You might even consider a taxi all the way there which might be cheaper than car hire for the week
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy