Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental shop recommendations in Alpe d'heuz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of hiring my ski equipment online, there seems to be lots of shops, can anyone recommend any good/reasonably priced ones
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ianwatkins, Whereabouts in the resort are you staying? It's quite spread out and you would want one nearby.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1999 - in the ski shop opposite L'Ermitage Crystal hotel, his name was Florien and he was the most beautiful frenchman I had ever met..... until the next morning when I met Baptiste.... good times
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are at the top of the resort map as you look at it, apparently near the Pond point des pistes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I may kick this one back into life....

I'm also interested to know about rental in Alpe d'Huez. I think we're staying very close to the mid station of those little yoghurt pot things so am most interested in shops either in that area or at either end of it. Last time I was in AdH was in the summer mountain biking but I remember some shops in the square up near the Grande Rousses lift that looked like they'd be ski shops in winter. What I'm really interested to know is which shops have which skis so I can think about that I want to try out. However if nobody's got that kind of encyclopaedic knowledge, a recommendation for a shop with a big range would do.

Ta,
Higs
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
anyone?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Higs, I was similarly looking recently - there are quite a number of rental places, many under the umbrella of the same companies.

This was on another thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1023913&highlight=hire+alpe#1023913
and contains a few links.

You could look at the J2Ski site http://www.j2ski.com/ - they have a link to Ski Set and have offers for between 20 and 40% - there are 3-4 Ski Set shops in ADH.

The main criticism I have was that in the main prices all seemed about the same (pricey IMV) once one takes all the pricing and discounting into account and that the websites have representative examples of skis and not too much info on specific brands/types.

One of my colleagues at the office (parents own a chalet there) has a good contact (owner) at a shop in the centre of town so I've managed to provide an idea of the skis I'd prefer to which they will match an order. 15% discount too. I can't recall the shop/owner name off hand, and colleague off today, but more than happy to provide if it helps.

When are you there?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
they all look much of a muchness to me in terms of stock but i will recommend Sarenne 2 because the owner is a nice geezer (doesn't speak too much English, mind), a really good ski tech and he rented me my first ever pair of "fat" skis (Salomon X-mountains or somesuch)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We hired through Snowbrainer, and got out family skis from Henri Sport in Les Bergers. Superb service, very efficient and helpful. Ive heard other good reports of that shop, and also some less favourable reports of other hire shops in ADH
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy