Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BANFF - VERY CHEAP SKI HOLS

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I've just been looking at hols to Banff, and with lastminute.com there were some for £400pp (decent hotels) and even 1 for £479 including
the lift pass. The ONLY catch is going from Gatwick with Monarch, which for me is a no no, but thought someone might not mind
going with them for that sort of price.

Regards

Bikergirl
P.S. I was looking at dates for the end of Jan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems like a good deal......but end of Jan in Banff is pretty cold. Would freeze my conkers off Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seems like a good deal - but you can bet your bottom dollar they're not the real prices. That will be based on 4 sharing a room - 2 sharing is 'under-occupancy' and there will be supplement charges. Of course I am happy to stand corrected - in fact will be exceedingly happy as I am holding out for a cheap deal to Banff the first week of Feb Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why go to Banff in Canada when you can go to Banff in Scotland?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The one with lift passes would be a great deal if it exists once you go through the booking prcess. My bets would be Swiss Village accom and Monarch flights. Both are more than adequate if that budget suits you. Yes, it will be cold, but the skiing is great.

We are going in the start of January and are paying a fair bit more than that!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just (~a week ago) booked to go to Banff through Lastminute on a similar deal: 16-23 dec ex Gatwick, 2 sharing for £429 staying at Caribou Lodge (if this is an awful place btw i don't think i want to know as v v excited about it!!), the hol is through Inghams.

There were very similar deals for Jan / Feb too when i was searching around, inc some for 10 / 11 nights for not much more so would def say keep an eye out

Fingers crossed now for some awesome snow!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jules77, The Caribou is well located nice and on the bus route. You will have a ball and you might be ther for the world cup races?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vman wrote:
Seems like a good deal......but end of Jan in Banff is pretty cold. Would freeze my conkers off Very Happy
I looked at Jan for the next year but was also put off by the cold. Went end of Feb this year and it was -22 when we got off the plane in Calgary! But if you can take the cold, that's a good price.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jules77, oooh well done! I shall keep an eye on that then. BTW, the Caribou is a really nice hotel - you done good! snowHead We stayed there a few years back.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
16-23 dec ex Gatwick, 2 sharing for £429 staying at Caribou

is that per person or for two of you?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jules77, not only is it well located it is fairly nice. When a Scottish guy checks you in, tell him it is raining in Helensburgh Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cool, cheers guys...even more excited now then! Will be sure to pack extra thermals though!!

The £429 is per person but still for flights, transfers and accomm we thought was pretty good deal.

If anyone has any recommendations for good places to eat and drink in banff too would love to hear them (esp as my mate is veggie...weird i know!)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jules77, Was in banff last Jan,you'll love it. Here is a veggie retauraunt in banff, heard it was good but didn't use it myself http://nourishbistro.com/contact.html also most of the other places have good veggie options. This http://www.taximike.com/best.html is a great site for finding all your dining /apre options and the reccomendations are pretty reliable.
Enjoy
Mark
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wowfcukinwee.................skiers whinging about the cold...........you just couldnt make this stuff up.....................JONG.........

okbye
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We really like the Bison, pricey but nice.
ski holidays
Did a similar cheapie through lastminute.com last January, Monarch flights then Inns of Banff. Was very concerned before we went about the prospect of along flight on Monarch, turned out to be fine though, lovely new Airbus with loads of legroom, oh and the flight was not full.
latest report
gryphea, Agree about the Bison we ate there and had a lovely meal.
jules77,
Last year inghams reps were selling a discount card for $10.00 which gave a 10-20% discount off meals in selected places(Including the Bison) also a few shops as well. It was well worth purchasing, saved us quite a few $.
snow report
snowpatrol, slightly colder than a little bit nippy! Been a few times in December and even then on some days you can't feel your feet and hands...but still a very good time to ski and board there. End of January on the other hand is neoprene mask time, your nuts shrink to the size of raisins and body parts start falling off....not so much fun.
snow report
In defence of Monarch (with whom I've never flown...) - twice I've been sat at Calgary waiting for Air Canada/American Airlines to get their planes in order and taken off HOURS late when Monarch took off on time...

Caribou Lodge is lovely!
snow report
Go to mels's for high balls and then hoodoos for late night shenanigans. You will LOVE it!!!

I'm gona have to edit this to say ill be jumping on some of these deals. Flights alone to Calgary are £400 on a good day.
snow conditions
Banff is an awesome place.
There are loads of _good_ restaurants in town - whether it's Saltlik for great steak, or sushi, you won't be dissapointed. There are a few 'touristy' places, but plenty of choice.
Don't miss 'buffet' at the Fairmont chateaux - I think it's just Sunday nights, but it redefines the 'all you can eat' buffet...

If you get the chance, especially if the snow is good, get a day trip to Kicking Horse - it's a long day, but one of the most beautiful coach rides out, and some wicked 'bowl' skiiing.

Caribou is near the middle of town, you should have no issues in terms of walking places - I usually stay at the Inns (on the edge of town), and get the 'loone' bus into town.
It _will_ be cold - you'll need balaclavas etc, as other's have mentioned, but the local stores are well set up for that, and there are a few 'coffee shacks' dotted around the mountains to stop off in.
If you didn't know already, look out for, and make use of, the 'mountain host' service- all the 3 local resorts will have local people doing 2 hour 'guided trips' around the pistes- these are great fun, and free...

you'll have a ball.
enjoy,
h.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy