Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Murren and Wengen Linked...?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Off to my friends wedding in Murren in March next year and was just wondering if any snowheads have been out there and know if it is linked to Wengen/Gimmelwald etc.

If not can you get to the those resorts easily, by car, train etc.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but you have to get down to lauterbrunnen and then upto wengen on the train
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Any idea how long the train takes or how long it would take if you were driving?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A good hour at least I guess? You wouldn't be driving, since both are car free, and both up on plateux (sp?) above Lauterbrunnen, and the car would likely be in the Multistorey in Lauterbrunnen. Train+Cable car between Murren&Lauterbrunnen on one side of the valley. Train between Lauterbrunnen&Wengen on the other (presumably staying on the train up to Kleine Sheidegg).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, can confirm that the train continues to Kleine Sheidegg where the end of the line occurs. LOVELY place.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timetables for the trains from Lauterbrunnen (& cable car to/from Murren) are here http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/de/ResourceImage.aspx?raid=11462

It takes about 20 minutes Murren to Lauterbrunnen, and another 45 minutes from there to Kliene Scheidegg (15 to Wengen).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It can take a bit longer than you think in my view.

Best to think of it as a complete day trip and give yourself time to do enough skiing when you get there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As Alex said, 45 mins to Kleine Scheidegg, 15 to Wengen, from Lauterbrunnen. The best way to get down to Lauterbrunnen station is to get the train to Grutschalp and then cable car down, which puts you right opposite the station. Or, my preference, get the train to Winteregg and ski down to the station (if snow cover permits!). This part should be do-able in under 30 mins. I wouldn't recommend going via Stechelberg, as the changes via the bus in the valley can get annoying.

A favourite little tour of mine is to start the day at 9am on top of the Schilthorn, ski all the way down to Lauterbrunnen (only one brief lift required), get the train up to Wengen and then cable-car to Mannlichen, then ski across to Kleine Scheidegg.

In case you haven't already seen it, the high-res PDF map shows it all pretty well. Find it here: http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pdf/JWR_Karte_ueb.pdf

Hope that helps!

Steve
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bullet, did you mean Gimmelwald or Grindelwald ? Gimmelwald is just along from Murren and you can walk from Murren, Grindelwald is a bit further away, you either need to go down to Lauterbrunnen and either take a train down to Zweilutschinen where you change and go to Grindelwald, or take a train up to Wengen then teh cablecar up the Mannlichen before either skiing down to Grund or taking the Gondola down and then getting teh train up from Grund to Grindelwald, or take the train up to Kleine Schidegg and either ski down from there to Grund and thence train up or change trains and take teh train down from Kleeine Schidegg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bullet wrote:
Thanks. Any idea how long the train takes or how long it would take if you were driving?

The total return trip door to door will take 2 to 3 hours.

You must take the train.

Rubbish transport system. But good scenery.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold, Murren to Wengen return does not take 2 to 3 hrs
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wengen to schilthorn is an hour if you are a god like me and can get around with timetables implanted in your brain. Do it at the wrong time and you'll waste your entire day or even the week then spend the rest of the year bitching about trains in wengen. Lauterbrunnen - zermatt bahnhof is 2 hours with this life skill of timetables finely tuned.
Lauterbrunnen - scheidegg is one hour.

my house - wengen train station is half hour round trip, and thats what I now have to do just to buy a bottle of coke, balls.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonny luv plums, have you moved then ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, no, I walk slowly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, All snowboarders have been banished to the outskirts of the village
snow report
Maybe that's where Sam went Toofy Grin
latest report
Jonny luv plums, ah that would explain it then, only ever took me about 20 mins to go from your place to teh station on foot, obviously much less in winter going to the station but a bit longer I guess coming back Laughing
latest report
I rode my bike, that seems to take longer than walking, pushing a 20 kilo single speed bike uphill is a right old laugh.
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums, do you not use the almost flat path across the Brunner slope that comes out just below the railway bridge ? That would only leave you a short steep bit right below the house wouldn't it ?
ski holidays
I always get the post bus Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg and cable cars to Murren in the morning and train back in the afternoon from Winteregg where you get a great view of Wengen particularly when the sun is shining.
snow report
bullet wrote:
Hi,

Off to my friends wedding in Murren in March next year and was just wondering if any snowheads have been out there and know if it is linked to Wengen/Gimmelwald etc.

If not can you get to the those resorts easily, by car, train etc.

Thanks in advance.

Murren 1650m......Wengen 1274m

You will love it...the scenery is amazing !

Piste map -
http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pages/english/PST/isp.php?page=PST_MS&data=B2
2 new chairlifts this season

resort Webcams -

http://www.muerren.ch/bellevue/livecam/livecam.htm
http://www.hoteleiger.com/webcam/cam.jpg

Village map -
http://www.muerren.ch/start-e.htm go to interative map
snow report
and it's gay friendly. (it has a snowboard park).
snow conditions
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I hope the info you received here was useful Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy