Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winners of this weekend's opening Alpine Worldcup races

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tanja Poutiainen of Finland won the opening race of the Alpine Worldcup ski season on Saturday, beating Kathrin Zettel of Austria by 0.01 second in the giant slalom on the Rettenbach glacier in Sölden, Austria. Denise Karbon (Italy) came 3rd, Britain's Chemmy Alcott was 19th, and last year's women's Worldcup champion, Lindsey Vonn (USA), was 9th. Swiss veteran Didier Cuche won the opening men's Worldcup race, also a giant slalom, while Ted Ligety (USA) came 2nd and Cuche's teammate, Carlo Janka came 3rd....For full results: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?cal_suchsector=AL&event_id=26745
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awful injury to Nicole Hosp as well - out for the season already Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
damn eurosport...only recorded the first few minutes of the 2nd leg womens but tons of tennis...wish they didn't mess with the schedules..must remember to record the programmes either side aswell.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the women's was delayed for bad weather, but yes the ES EPG can be flaky, always best to record before and after.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are they showing a lot of coverage on British Eurosport this season? Also are any other channels covering it? I quite like the slightly more glossy highlights Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jerry, it was delayed 30 minutes while they cleared the overnight snow - the weather on the day was perfect, believe me, I was there! All that lovely squeechy new dry powdery snow!

The afternoon leg was also delayed by the same amount as the programme for the day was running at least 30 minutes late. It was interrupted by Nicole Hosp's horrible unlucky accident (she was on her back sliding and spinning when a ski caught in a gate) and again when the helicopter came in to pick her up.

Eurosport UK often call their reports live when in fact they are running a few minutes behind the actual events. This is particularly true when they are receiving a feed from another broadcaster and do not have any commentators at the event! I've seen this by switching between Eurosport UK and Eurosport Germany/Austria!

wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy