Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lufthansa Flight Deal - Munich

Poster: A snowHead
I found out about this deal the other day and bought flights immediately.

I've bought return tickets for me, my wife and my little 1 year old lad from Manchester to Munich return for £99. Very Happy Not each, all of us! I also get to take my skis for free! For us Snowheads heading for the hills, Munich is the only real destination and the deal is only from Manchester but you can also fly to Dusseldorf from Manchester or Birmingham. The deal is only open until Friday and you have to take your outbound flight before the end of March. From what I can see, there are no restrictions on which flights you can take (at least for the days I was looking at anyway).

Has to be said, it's blinking cheap and i'm quite looking forward to flying with an airline that's not Easyjet or Ryanair and will get looked after onboard. Out of interest, I looked the equivalent flight I normally take from Stansted to Munich - £249!

Ok, enough of me, here's the link I received:

http://uk.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.ashx?676401-14225178

Have fun and see you in the German/Austrian Alps. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kersh,

FYI, another Snowhead is flying that route in january. I believe although ski equipment is free, you have to call Lufthansa to book it in..So if you're planning on taking gear, best call them..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kersh, Kruisler, yep - phone to tell them (there was another thread a while back). Hotline is on the website, but I don't recall if it is freefone, local or premium rate.

Think I may have to be more observant - most of my LH flights are €89 all inclusive (except when I get knocked down from business to cattle class, in which case I get about 2 free return cattle class flights per compensation Smile)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, andy,

I actually called LH to ask them about my skis before I booked the flights. They told me then i'd need to call them before the flight. Cheers though and worth pointing out here.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They have appeared to have changed their policy. I travelled to Munich twice last season, took skis both times and didn't book them in. If I should have I was never made aware of it and had no problems getting them on. I did have a slightly ripped ski bag though and my sister in law suffered a badly damaged binding and a bag so damaged she had to throw it away. Evil or Very Mad I've booked again for March so will ring to confirm. Thanks everyone for the tip.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kersh,

pop in on your way down! Be good to meet you!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for pointing this deal out Kersh, have just booked us a few days out in Jan for £99 for two of us. Very pleased!

Hoping to get over to the nightrace in Schladming transport permitting.

D
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax, i'm in Gastein from the 6th ... lets see if we can hook up this time. wink

Deliaskis, I knew someone else would book these flights! snowHead They are a right bargain. However I won't be taking skis anymore, I did have some Scott Neo's on order but it's fallen through and I'm getting a refund. Maybe i'll look at getting them from somewhere else. Shame really, i'm lined up Spyderjon to fit bindings etc. Dammit!

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's all sold out now Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scheiße! Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All sold out Puzzled ?? OH NO IT ISN'T!!

15 mins ago I booked MAN-MUC: Out Fri 5 March 06.55, back Mon 8 Mar 21.30 (four days' skiing!!) for a grand total of £97 Shocked for two of us!! There was availability on every variation I entered over that weekend - eg Thu-Sun, Fri -Tue, Sat-Mon.....

Waheeeeeeey!!!!!

Must say I'm feeling pretty chuffed with that! Bring on the 22kg of luggage, free ski carriage, complimentary food and drink and - go on then - pass me a copy of The Financial Times while you're at it!! As a frequent easyjet flyer it already feels like business class:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict, I clicked the link and it said it was all expired and/or sold out? It still says it, but if i look on the european flight offers its there!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
Bring on the 22kg of luggage, free ski carriage, complimentary food and drink and - go on then - pass me a copy of The Financial Times while you're at it!! As a frequent easyjet flyer it already feels like business class:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My feelings exactly!!!! wink wink snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anotherproblem

Have you booked then?? I got straight in via the link in the original post, which comes up as follows:

http://uk.cheap-flights.travelzoo.com/european-flights/676401?utm_source=newsflash_uk_676401&utm_medium=email_newsflash
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!! The link now doesn't work Puzzled

.....but this one does Very Happy (from Lufthansa website's "Top offers"):
http://www.lufthansa.com/uk/en/Top-offers-for-worldwide-flights?blt_p=GB&blt_l=en&blt_t=Homepage&blt_e=Header&blt_n=Top%20Offers&blt_z=Top%20Offers&blt_c=GB%7Cen%7CHomepage%7CHeader%7CTop%20Offers%7CTop%20Offers
ski holidays
mountainaddict, I'm letting the Father sort it we're working round his schedule so he is sorting it out from here Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy