Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soelden - why so early?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Often wondered why Soelden is at the end of October yet the WC North American races dont start till end of November, meaning a months gap between races.

Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are WC slalom races in Levi, Finland in 2 weeks then they go over to North America and back for Val d'Isere for the weekend of 12/13th December. It gives the racers something tangible to aim at after the autumn training and gets the season off to a really good start. Most racers are European based and do most of their training here in September and up the anti in October training on all the glaciers.

Brilliant atmosphere at Sölden today and fabulous conditions too!
I'm looking forward to the men's race tomorrow, and getting some more photos from the upper area this time

Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Austria is ski obsessed, the glaciers are packed on the weekends from early October onwards - it is logical for them to race this early and it sends a pretty big marketing message that they are open for business. This year was too early for Bode who did not come. I spoke a to a guy from the US team in the press centre and he said the altitude was also a factor as Bode was not yet 100% fit despite running with the steam roller.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Solden glacier is rubbish. Worst ski area ever... imho.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
god i hate the money i spent in that hell hole.... rant over !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I actually like this place... but it might be that it's just nice to be back with guys and girls I didn't see through summer, so any "hell hole" would do at such times Wink
But seriously... Rettenbach and Tiefenbach glaciers are not all that bad. Afterall they are glaciers, and considering what glaciers I went through in my racing days, I don't count glaciers above Soelden as hell hole. But that's just me Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy