Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hostels in bourg st maurice / bus to sainte foy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So i've booked my train ticket to bourg st maurice for the 17th and with the train getting in at 20:58, I imagine i'll have to stay in bourg overnight before making my way up the mountain. Hostels i have already looked at are l'angival(pricy) and hostellerie du petit saint bernard which is yet to get back to me on prices. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of a cheap hostel in bourg thats easy to reach from the train station? or better yet... any bourg st mauricians willing to put up a skibum in need for the night Very Happy ?
Im also planning on stopping off in sainte foy to pick up my kit before heading over to Val T and wondered if there is actually a bus running from sainte foy village to the resort this early in the season?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you don't mind taking a (not all that frequent) local bus to the edge of town (about 3/4 of a mile) the Petite Auberge is cheap but very nice and has a very good restaurant: €40 for a night B & B - and only a little more half board. The couple who run it are English and very helpful.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 23-10-09 11:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think the Sainte Foy shuttle buses will be running until opening day (19th December). Pretty good chance of being able to hitch up the road though. If you see a white Renault Trafic with THE WHITE ROOM on it in massive letters, wave me down and remind me I said that...

Presume you mean Val d'Isere and not Val Thorens, by the way? (Otherwise Sainte Foy is somewhat in the opposite direction!).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, you'd have got out at Moutier, not Bourg St M if you wanted to go to Val T.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeh going off to val thorens but i've got to pick up some kit in ste foy first. somewhat of an annoyance as it means getting up to sainte foy, going back down to bourg and then bussing it to moutiere.
stevomcd, sounds like i'll be looking out for a white van then Shocked if its not too much hassle i can offer you some euro/drink for a lift?
snowball, what im weary about is if there will be a bus running that late? Ideally im looking for dirt cheap (not worried about dirt free or not) accommodation walking distance from train station. Does such a place exist??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blas, I had one night in BSM a few years ago in the Hostellerie du Petit St Bernard, it was cheap enough then and is right next to the station.

I found it by asking at the Tourist Office, maybe check with them where will be open.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blas, check out the central reservations on lesarcs.com - they list out the cheap hotels in Bourg St Maurice. Or www.chillchalet.co.uk - a small british run outfit who have a cheap chalet in Bourg - they will probably be quiet and welcome an overnight stay....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

(Try) www.chillchalet.co.uk - a small british run outfit who have a cheap chalet in Bourg

I've just had a look. Chillchalet looks excellent and boasts that it's:
Quote:

one of the top 6 places to stay in the world" The Guardian Oct 06

However, it also advertises a nightly rate of £65 Shocked per person. "Dirt cheap" is what blas said he/she was after....

Blas:
There are cheap hotels close to the station in Moutiers. Could you not get off there instead?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chill Chalet - they've got an offer week the from the 12th Dec? 42 quid a night....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hostellerie du Petit St Bernard at 75 euro for the night! No chance.

I'll e-mail chill chalet to see if that early season offer would include 17th November.

Beginning to wonder if its really worth it just to get all my avy stuff + salopettes Puzzled

How likely is it that I would be able to cut out the stay in bourg and thumb a lift up to sainte foy at 9 o clock at night?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used Hotel Arolla at BSM. The cheapest they do seems to be 35 Euro. About 5 minutes from the train station I would say.

Don't have bus information to Ste Foy but there should services for that and obtainable once you are at the bus terminals which AFAIK is next to the trains.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee, looks good, dont think i'll find one any cheaper. Didn't find this one during my google searches. Cheers!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy