Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco to sell cheap ski clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Great news for all those of you looking for cheap ski clothing. I've just got back from the Ski Show at Oympia and to my surprise there was a very large stand represented by Tesco. Jackets from £35, trousers from £15. It's C&A all over again. So no more going to TKMax and fighting the crowds.

At the show they had an extra 25% discount. My friend just kitted out his young daughter for less than £45. The lady serving told me that the ski wear will be rolled out in all Tesco Extras in the next 2 to 3 weeks and also over the Internet. Watch this space: http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998484/Nr.99.aspx

Paul Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has anyone tried them. Is Tescos selling ski gear cheap or cheap ski gear ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My local Tescos (a large one) has sold it for some time. Own make stuff, looks OK but not great. I bought a fleece a couple of years ago, wouldn't want to wear it in very cold weather. I'd rather take my chance of getting good stuff cheap in TKMaxx personally.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes had a look at it - all looked pretty good - particularly for kids stuff which I have to change each year
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, Yes for kids I would think it's ideal. Although my daughter is now 13 and her gear has to pass the fashion test too, although it lasts longed now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cyberil wrote:
I've just got back from the Ski Show at Oympia and to my surprise there was a very large stand represented by Tesco. Jackets from £35, trousers from £15.

It was pretty much the 3rd biggest stand after S&R and EB last year. The ski show really is going downhill. Oh well, good for the familys i guess.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el nombre, It's interesting isn't it? If the ski show is going down hill it's because it costs far too much (in london) for smaller businesses to be there...and the likes of Tesco are a big player. Organisers want big money from exhibitors these days in London. Money talks...like everything I guess! What the ski show should be about is out of the window once the likes of Tesco are involed. nothing against it...but we bowed out this year.

See you at NEC?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I seemed to recall they were at the ski show last year too - thanks el nombre for confirming.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saw the Tesco stand but didn't go in it. agree that they need smaller people there otherwise it is a cloths show. I did look round EB and SNR but they had nothing at of interest. I was looking for gloves but found the best pr in Covent Garden so I got them online.

Had a decent chat about equipment with few who seemed to have actually tried the stuff we were talking about but for me the show is about informed info...from the likes of the Tourist Offices so I am not sure I welcome a big player like Tesco in it for the numbers/volume only with no sort of pedigree...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a friend who got a jacket and trousers for herself from Tesco , and I think her husband, a couple of years ago. She waited till they came down in price and then bought. One week a year skiers generally and she has been very pleased with it. I got some salopettes and thermals for grandchildren last year and they were fine. As all the pink had gone I had to get the grey salopettes, and they were as back-ups, but the very diplomatic 4 year old grand-daughter said they were her second favourite colour - silver! A redeeming feature I think is that they do not proclaim Tesco all over the back of them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my daughter used tesco ski jacket and sallopettes brand new earlier this year, we had a white out day (very cold) and they were useless. had to go back to hotel and change at lunchtime! thats my experience anyway.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tescos yuk.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whilst I'm all for budget ski wear brands and I question the sanity of people that spend £200+ on gear they wear once per year, I hate Tesco with a passion. They really are the kind of company that don't care who they sh•t on in order to make money. They'll not rest until they're the only company left in the UK.

You lot think Ryanair is bad, imagine what TescoAir would be like? Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And yet millions of people buy from them, so I guess they are doing something right and understand their customers.

If the UK public were that bothered about their business practices, we'd stop shopping there, but ultimately I think most people like the prices
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Most people use Tesco's because they get most things right, most of the time for a good price. And all the airmiles we get gives us 2 weeks free car hire in the summer wink
snow report
I never use Tesco. I think I got put off them when they were a very horrid client about four jobs ago. Plus the only Tesco near here is a pointless small one. I'm a Morrisons shopper, definitely the best fresh fruit and veg.
snow report
Quote:

And all the airmiles we get gives us 2 weeks free car hire in the summer

And with all the points we've collected we've just had our 3rd freebie (posh) Macdonald Hotels stay. It's convenience that does it for us - 24 hr. Tesco Extra a mile from home.

Weren't quite so tempted to cash in the points when you could use them against a funeral plan Toofy Grin - but not sure if they do that one any more....
snow conditions
I would have thought Tesco ski gear would be perfectly adequate for the average family holiday, depending obviously on how its worn. The key, as ever, would be having the right layers underneath, especially when its cold. I've had to struggle to convince my DiL that cotton based tracksuits are not the answer.
snow conditions
We used the jacket and kids thermals for 4 year old daughter last year. Worked fine for us.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy