Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots or not new boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had a stroll around the Ski Show yesterday and was looking at new ski boots. I have an old pair (10+ yrs) but they are really really comfortable.

Given that a new pair ain't cheap, is it worth it?

Will I see any/some/noticable difference in my skiing - taking into account 99% of my skiing is piste based

Answers on a postcard
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they don't hurt they don't fit. You should definatley spend £280 on a new pair of stiff boots to make your toes black and blue
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rambotion, Laughing

Boris, You know you want to.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boris, Go straight to Bicester do not pass Go spend £200+ Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, I had the same problem. My 15-year-old Nordicas were comfortable, but sadly the clip broke and 'they don't make them like that any more'. The first new boots were a painful disaster but since I bought them for £75 and sold them for £55, not a hugely expensive mistake. The second new boots were £160 plus £30 for new footbeds. So far they still feel extremely tight but not painful, but I've only worn them twice at fridges as yet.

Definitely makes no difference whatsoever to my skiing but the comfort factor has to be a huge consideration.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I spent two hours trying on boots the other day after selling the old pair (nowt else to do whilst taking the children to Hemel). Found new boots can be very snug but not painful (not as painful as the old ones anyway). Decided on the best fit, but needed to think more about the right flex.

So, if the existing boots are comfortable, my answer would be no because it is impossible to decide which boot to buy and they are damned expensive (£290 - I know over ten years, etc. not a huge expense). Have to bite the bullet before the season starts though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think my liners must be packing down. I now need to fasten the buckles at the limit of their movement to get the calves tight enough to feel right, but I noticed at HH that it was being somewhat painful on my calves after sometime - not rubbing I think just pressure type pain, the thing is to get them comfy they then felt too loose - now in a quandary as I can't afford or, yet, justify new boots Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I now need to fasten the buckles at the limit of their movement

you can probably move the clips themselves - unless they were on the tightest hole to start with.

my old boots were comfortable, and I only noticed that they were too sloppy when I was trying to do those exercises when you ski on the uphill edge of your uphill ski - my foot and leg were doing their best but the ski was reluctant. My foot was turning a bit inside the boot (at least, that was my excuse!). My new boots, fitted by CEM, are a whole size smaller. With the shell stretched as necessary to accommodate the knobbly bits. wink And yes, I can now balance up on that edge.

Usually.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum,
Is the answer shin shields ? (ducks to avoid approbium)

http://www.sandownactivesports.com/shop.php/accessories/shin-shield-extra-shin-comfort/p_521.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy