Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ste foy tarentaise questions!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
if staying in la thuile (just outside ste foy) is the free shuttle bus a good and regular option?

how easy is access to the bigger resorts around by bus/taxi etc? (we really dont want the hassle of a rental car for just 2 of us)

if self catering, is the ste foy market good for supplies?

and finally, is sainte foye actually any good? im not too bothered as its mainly for my complete beginner girlfriend, but id like to know!

thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After looking at bus options in the past, we've always hired a car (2 of us). It seems there is no "service bus"/ski bus type travel - and that buses running up/down from/to Bourg St Maurice are run by private operators to link with airport/train transfers into Bourg. These are generally expensive - eg:

http://www.autocars-martin.com/index.aspx

Taxis will be even more extortionate Sad .

I'd go for the car - much more flexible and not really any hassle.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
t-humphreys, There is a free bus service from La Thuile and out lying hamlets to Ste Foy Station every hour or so. The Sherpa supermarket can supply all your needs food wise, but bear in mind that the further up the mountain you go the more expensive it gets. Your girlfriend will get on fine learning in Ste Foy as most people would rather go up the road to Tignes and Val d'Isere. There is a weekly bus generally on a Thursday to Tignes and Val.
www.saintefoy.net
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I was a complete beginner I wouldn't want the hassle of getting the shuttle bus every day; nicer to stay in the resort and then you won't need a car either. Sainte Foy is great for beginners as it's so small; you can meet up with your OH regularly, and the ski school is well run. As for you, so long as you don't want to cruise miles of piste, SF should be fine and the off-piste can be wonderful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in a little village called Viclaire last year and got the shuttle bus to/from Sainte Foy with no problems.

As the Sainte Foy lift pass offered a cheap days skiing at a few other resorts I decided to try Les Arcs as well. I attempted to book tickets via 'Autocars Martin' but their website is pretty ordinary, eventually decided on a cab to get to Bourg St Maurice. When I was at the station in Bourg I booked a ticket back to Viclaire with no problems. Although this was mid-week, I wouldn't recommend doing that on a Sat or Sun. Anyway check out the website mountainaddict posted.

If you want to ski a few resorts then I agree with mountainaddict and hire a car. If you just want to head out for a day then you may be OK with the bus, although you will need to get from La Thuile down to Sainte Foy (not the ski resort, but the bus stop in front of the Hotel Le Monal)

The Sherpa supermarket has all you need, including fresh fruit/veg and hot chickens as well.

With regards to the slopes, you will ski all the pisted slopes in a morning, however the off-piste is superb. I really enjoyed SF and actually couldn't wait to get back after a days skiing at a very busy Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sainte Foy is great (obviously I would say that).

To be honest though, I'd strongly recommend that you don't stay in La Thuile. There is nothing at all there. No bars, no restaurants, no shops, absolutely nothing. The shuttle bus to the resort does stop there (although I've seen people turned away because it's been full on a powder day when the lunchtime bus is full of people who've just done the Fogliettaz!) but the buses up to Val d'Isere and Tignes don't.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks everyone, useful stuff for sure

its a bit frustrating as we are just waiting for another couple to commit or drop out, but the 1st option is to book a 2 bedroom chalet for mid january, right in ste foy by the slopes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, I maybe, just possibly, could help you with that! http://www.whiteroomchalet.com
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just bumping this as I'm wondering about hire in Sainte Foy. The operator we're going with is much more expensive than SnowRental.net for hire.

How many hire shops are there in Sainte Foy? Is there much choice? Anyone used Sainte Foy Sports via SnowRental?

Are there any other options I should look at?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well there is Skiset (as advertised here) which will give you a reasonable discount for online booking - there are 2 shops so choose the one that is most convenient, there is also an InterSport, a Ski Republic, a very pleasant shop who I think were the first called ZigZags, and I've probably missed at least one - so a fair choice for a small resort.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
limawhiskey, I stayed at the Whiteroom ^^ last season, highly recommended.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It does look very nice, but accommodation is already sorted - for all 11 of us!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy