Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads 2010 Calendars

Poster: A snowHead
The summers over, the nights are drawing in, the clocks are about to change and the smell of snow is in the air... so now’s the time to start thinking about our snowHeads calendar for next year!

If you’d like to see your snaps included into this yearly montage of masterpieces, please submit them here into the mediaZone, by midnight, Friday 20th November. As always, please restrict yourself to a maximum of 3 photos. Ratings will be invited up to midnight on Tuesday 24th November.

If you’ve already uploaded photos that you’d like considered for inclusion, you can use the ‘edit’ function to copy them across to the Vintage 2009 collection. Please remember to submit only pictures to which you own copyright or, if not, have written permission of the copyright owner for publication.

Just a reminder (to avoid confusion) - As with previous year's photos, the final choice will be guided by the ratings as opposed to defined by them as we need to match the images to their applications and need to ensure some balance and variation throughout the set.

Last years topic can be found here

Best of luck!

snowHeads 2009 Calendar:
snowHeads calendars 2009

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-10-10 12:52; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

As always, please restrict yourself to a maximum of 3 photos.

and as always people ignore this.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, TallTone moved his photos into the Zone well before this thread went up. Since posting this thread an hour ago I've PM'd him to ask him to move two out. In the past hour he hasn't been on line to pick up the message or be able to move his photos. I'm sure that as soon as he's aware of the situation, he'll leap into action.
Give the poor boy a chance wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, I didn't mean to pick on TallTone specifically, it was just unfortunate that he'd done that: but last year there were a few people who put more than five photos in!

Anyway moaning doesn't suit me so here are three from me:

Spring in Italy

Mt Blanc from Deux Alpes

Treezy Does It

I can get rid of the borders and text if needed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The poor boy has had his chance and moved two out Razz

I'm hopeful of actually getting one in the calendar this year Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh and can everyone please vote!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Message for Admin - is there any way you can reset my votes for the pictures? An annoying little pest (i.e. kid brother) who wanted my pictures to win has submitted nonsense votes for other users pictures....

Scrolling through the pictures it is telling me I have been voting '3' or '2' for everything.

The perils of leaving yourself logged in.

In the meantime, my apologies to the Snowheads whose pictures I have marked as rubbish. They are not rubbish, in fact a few of them i like rather a lot!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Have done although I feel a bit of a git cos I gave some pretty low scores: I've tried to comment on as many as possible explaining why and please, please nobody take it to heart. I've sat through enough photography competitions and seen small mistakes get absolutely crucified, if it's any consolation I'm even more judgemental on my own pics.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, no problem with that at all (haven't looked to see what you've written about me yet though wink) Loved your marching peaks shot though, so happy to take any advice! snowHead

Likewise I have added some comments and ditto wot Swirly said Smile

magic_hat, if the ratings were done on "Quick Rating" you need Yoda's help - send him a PM, he'll need to remove them in the database. If they were done with a comment, you can change them by editing your comment.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering, but........ where do I click to vote?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly

What were you shooting with? Did you have a polariser on for most of your shots?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phil_D, you need to register for the snowMediaZone (it's separate from your snowHeads login but most people register with the same id).

Then you'll be presented with Quick Rate/Comment & Rate options when you view the photos (sorry, meant "rate" not "vote"!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
magic_hat, I have removed 5 ratings where your user name had given low scores to photos, so you should be able to re-rate them now. If there are any more please let me know snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, EOS 400D and yes for everything (actually that's not quite true, I may explain this later) I think it's pretty essential in the mountains especially in good light.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering

Phil_D, you're not!
latest report
TallTone, I can get into snowMedia Zone OK, but when I try to rate, it says I'm not entitled to post. Puzzled
latest report
Hurtle, are you logged in? It's separate from snowHeads remember.
snow report
TallTone wrote:
Hurtle, are you logged in? It's separate from snowHeads remember.
Duh. Embarassed Thanks!
snow report
Hurtle, easily done wink
snow conditions
OK, I finally cottoned on too.Embarassed

Some super photos - but awfully SNOWY. Do they all have to be pics of the winter?
ski holidays
pam w, hello alpHead! Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurtle, Puzzled
snow conditions
pam w, sorry, lame joke - this forum is supposed to be about snow.
latest report
pam w, I think it's a fair bet they should have some snow in wink

There have been pictures on the calendar in years past without. Summer months tend to get those Happy But they've always had mountains somewhere in shot wink
snow report
What I meant was not so much that they were wintry pictures, but that they tended to be majestic distant vistas. I'm sure snowheads enjoy beautiful buildings in the snow (some Swiss snowheads must have great pictures of those), or kids playing in the snow, or a chamois prancing through the snow, or snowmen in the snow, or beautiful red berried trees in the snow, or dog sleds in the snow, or horse drawn sleds in picturesque Austrian villages in the snow. Or warm log fires in old chalet restaurants with the snow outside.

But yes, the Alps are pretty good at other times of the year, too. wink
ski holidays
Hurtle, Thanks for your help.
snow conditions
TallTone, better put up a warning 'these photos are likely to include snow!'
snow conditions
Hope my photo gets a look in Cool

It's was from my most favourite ski holiday to date.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
a chamois prancing through the snow wink

Pam, You have to squint, there's still loads of snow, and it looked a lot bigger at the time, but it pranced directly under our chair lift... wink
snow report
WayneC, that's great! I saw one dash across the road in the dusk last night; no chance of a photo though.
ski holidays
Yoda wrote:
magic_hat, I have removed 5 ratings where your user name had given low scores to photos, so you should be able to re-rate them now. If there are any more please let me know snowHead

Cheers! Much appreciated.

I'll re-do them.
latest report
It's hard to pick three!!!
ski holidays
Can't decide...anyone want to help me?

(if they must be from last season, a few will be eliminated)

snow report
I like 1 (amazing) ,3 & 5. Number 6 looks scary! Smile
ski holidays
horizon, 1,3, 4
snow report
horizon, submit the action photos. There's too many photos of stunning scenery and not enough photos of stunning skiing/boarding for my liking Smile
snow conditions
horizon, 2, 3 and 4
latest report

Ruka in Jan
snow report
horizon, 2, 4 & 5.

I stick to my last season, though how would anyone know? wink

I also agree with Pam and others that we need more action shots and colour, but hardly any of mine have people in them, other than inane grinning. I only tend to bother to get my camera out when I think wow look at that view.

snowHead
snow report
I wonder if anyone has some good photos of small kids playing in the snow - I don't think the action/people shots necessarily have to be of "amazing skiing". It would be good to reflect all aspects of holidays in the mountains. There are loads of calendars with wonderful photos of mountains and of gnarly face shots. But fewer (?none) which really sum up the whole range of things which go to make up a great stay.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy