Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking Dinner for Christmas Day - Nendaz or Siviez (4 Vallees)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey All

I'm going to Siviez nr Nendaz (it's one of the Verbier 4 vallees villages, but by road Verbier is about 50 miles away)

Can anyone suggest somewhere to eat on Christmas Evening - ideally in Siviez, but would do the 8km in the car down the mountain to Nendaz if needs must.

recommendations please

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are only 3 or 4 options in Siviez and I've only lunched at the place nearest the slope (which was adequate...).

In Nendaz there are a large number of options, depending on what you are after. Le Cabane is well rated by many people ( - although I had a bad experience there and so don't go there anymore). La Poya at Hotel Mont Fort was very nice when I last ate there and Hameau Les Clèves in the Les Clèves area (above the main town) is also great.

I've not eaten there, but the Mont-Rouge Restaurant is the slightly more expensive gastro option, if that’s what you're after.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Etagne in Nendaz is usually very good, although I had one disappointment there last year, everybody else I know in Nendaz can't fault it - Gary have you been there?. Hameau Les Cleves looks very cool but haven't eaten there myself. There are a couple of restaurants between Nendaz and Siviez, with a little time I will find out the names.
Toko in Nendaz will collect/return you as in their minibus, well if you are staying in Nendaz itself, they probably would go to Siviez. Have you eaten there Gary? I have and it has always been good, always slightly effected by folk smoking, although you get that all over Switzerland - I think that smoking indoors has finally been banned in Switzerland too, over the Summer.

There looks to be very little in Siviez, a couple of pisteside type places, but I cant really comment too much as I have always just been throwing the gear in the car to go back to Nendaz.

My advice is book up soon, it will be very busy. They usually do a couple of sittings, at a fixed (some might say, high) price, but there defence is it's the busiest day of the year and they have to cash in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2 links from google

http://www.bogaert.biz/en/location/index5.shtml

http://www.breakaway-snow.co.uk/eating.htm

Les Bergers might be good for Christmas dinner. I had lunch there at the end of last season. It's a nice, traditional place and they were very friendly. Probably best to give them a call and see what's on the menu.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.bisses.com/index.php

This is the place halfway between Siviez and Nendaz. Looks good as you drive by.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what is the road like between siviez and nendaz - it is a nasty zig zag road like up to Verbier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
innerspaceservices wrote:
what is the road like between siviez and nendaz - it is a nasty zig zag road like up to Verbier?

No, not really. Nominally its a 300m climb, but it doesn't seem like that. It's not a motorway obviously! Usually all the traffic is going the same way. Just a tootle round watching out for the bus coming back the wrong way. The climb up from Sion is a bit of a 'James Bond road. Typical johnny foreigner overtaking in unfeasible places, but in general it is quite wide and always well cleared.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
innerspaceservices wrote:

The road is very driveable during the day, although I have not done it at night...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a look at the Nendaz tourism website. List of restaurants plus weblinks (where available...)

http://www.nendaz.ch/tourism/restaurants-528.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy