Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Say hello at xscape thread (Braehead)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Well the season is soon starting and some of us will out for a practice.

We see many posts that say..... oh yeah I was at xscape on sat etc etc and I was wondering who the snowheads are.

So I though of a "say hello thread".

I'm a regular at xscape and I'll be there on Sat 9.30-11.30 and Sun afternoon. (wife is taking lessons on hte wee slope)

If your a snowhead say hello. We can spot eash other by our gear.

Cheers
Bob

VOLKL legend skis (the ones with the spider logo)
Red Lange boots
Red gortex lite jacket and black helmet.
Black salopettes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
glasgowcyclops, Likewise I'll probably start hitting the slopes but probably midweek, as if I go weekend a) the wife and kids will want to come and b) it then becomes horrendously expensive.
I usually wear my Peak Performance gear (all black)
Black Strolz ski boots
K2 Apache Crossfire (black too)
Oh and I usually carry a box of Milk Tray wink

Bob number 2
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never been to xscape, but we have to take the 14 year old through on Sunday 1st November for a "pre school trip to the states" outing (If that makes sense). The schools's organised a discount for the kids but isn't providing transport to get through to Glasgow.

We weren't planning on boarding. Just watching (and eating!). We had a look at the Chillfactore when we were down in Manchester and decided that we'd rather wait until our holidays (I don't do drag lifts!). But i'll wave to you if I see you !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ boeabski.

Fae Eaglasham. Had a spanish pal thqat lived there. Nice place.
Since my wife is taking lessons and each 2hr would be £31 I just got a month. Might see you around.

@SnowboardVicky.

I'll be there on the Sunday. I'm the old baldy codger booting it down the middle. I tuck in and try to look like a downhill skier............ but I usually just look like an old bloke with a dodgy back sliding down a hill. Happy

All the ebst
Bob #1
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whats it like just now? I would like to get some practice but the last time I was there I swore never to go back!

The snow was absolutley crap! it was weeks old, grey in colour and piled at the sides in big half frozen lumps whilst the middle was almost concave and sheet ice. Half of the bottom slope was fenced off for sledging and the top had two kickers built although there was no freestyle on or scheduled for several days. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture? All in all it was a rip off!

Would be delighted to hear if it is better Shock
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi to all boabski, glasgowcyclops, SnowboardVicky,
Will also be present ,i`m the fat one with no clue!!! probably grey troos and green jkt and helmet. Mind you the helmet might give it away it`s got a snowHead sticker!.
Just as a point of note ,if anyone is wanting to buy skis(hint hint) ,blues are running a trial day where you can try as many as you want for two hours. ALL for a £10r. Thats cheaper than an hours pass!!. The only pitfall is that they are limited to 30 spaces per session ,and you have to go to one of their shops in either Edinburgh or Glasgow to buy a ticket. There were quite a few spaces left last week.
Hope to see you there !!! and please try not to laugh ! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robboj, Know where you're coming from. It really pi55es me off that half of the lower part of the slope is taken up by sledging and tubing when the other side (for beginners etc) is empty. Then if you add in the kickers that are theyre from time to time (only useable on a Friday night as far as I know) you're hardly left with any slope to ski/board on. The manager of the snow slope needs a right good look at themselves as the slope is pathetic, although I do enjoy getting a wee slide in.

Don't know if anyone out there knows when the snow cannons go on and piste is pisted as it would be good to go then. Slopeside staff I have to say are excellent and really good with my youngest when he's getting on the tow.

Is there anyone on Very Happy 's that works there and can explain the poor conditions etc Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski,
All i can say is that "blues" said that the piste was groomed at 12.30till 1 ish?????????
I was there last month and it was god then ,although they did have 3 jumps and two rails for the park riders!!. It was also a monday morning during school term, so nice and quiet. Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Guys I can give you a heads up.

As usual on the train here so may have a few typo's.

I was there last saturday at 9.30 and it was fresh and groomed. It was also really chilly so you could dig in with a bit of feedback (look how I'm sounding like I know something) Happy . Now it is the winter I was told that the ramps are only on a friday and it may be flattened to widen the area and prepared fresh on a sat.

I was also told that the top was getting a bit thin so they layed down fresh snow.

If they do that every week I'll be happy... Happy

However, they left two deep gulleys from the bashers tracks (at the bottom and slowdown area) that were catching everyone out.

Sunday was slushey. Sad

I'm inclined to mail head office to complain about the inconsistancy and poor conditions. there is no need for it to be in a state.

THe main thing I heard a few boardes =moaning about was the tow run. It didn't have a good cover and no-one was shovelling fresh stuff on it. I'm not bothered about that because my skis are only £51 from ebay.. Happy but for the lads with expensive boards it was a big deal.

Rant over. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You won't find me at Xscape but if there is a younger guy passed out somewhere around George Square, prop me up and say Hello Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Arv

Like the location "rain"

Young chap lying on the pavement in George Sq? If I had to lift all of them up to say hello I'd be knackerd. Happy

Cheers
bob
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski, bfg, glasgowcyclops, Thanks, sounds as if the snow itself is better but that there is not much more of it available to ski on than before!

I think I remember seeing an advert for a new general manager recently, so hopefully the owners have recognised the problems and things will improve!

Wont be there this weekend as I'm off to the Metro Ski Show Very Happy

Might turn up next w/e though - red North Face jacket or red Spyder Austria Ski Team jacket, Black North Face trousers, red Giro helmet, Nordica Hot Rod Eliminators and Leki World Cup poles.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would it not be a useful fundraiser if someone organised a distinctive snowheads bunnet ? Would provide a clear identifier on the piste or in the indoor snow arenas, rather than looking out for someone wearing particular gear. I'd buy one.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They do!! On front page right hand corner!. Along with a rather nice t-shirt & other gear. However on the eosb they have to wear a swimcap in the pool ! Now that would defo make you stand out in the sno dome!! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy