Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot insoles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I've some newbie questions regarding custom insoles. I've come across people recommending custom insoles for ski boots to improve comfort etc but I assume they were not talking about the 4.99 Super Shock Gel Absorbing insoles I can find down my local Sportsdirect Toofy Grin

....the only other ones I can think of are those Superfeet ones but I thought they are more useful to people who are flat footed, which I am not...

Does anyone have any experience using insoles for their boots? Which brands do you use? Are they worth it if I only plan on hiring out boots?

Many thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Customer moulded footbeds are what they're on about.

You need to go to a fitter to get these, all Snow & Rock and Ellis Brigham stores, as well as independent boot fitters can do these for you, depending on whether there's one near you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
streaky wrote:
Does anyone have any experience using insoles for their boots? Which brands do you use? Are they worth it if I only plan on hiring out boots?

streaky - custom insoles are great when buying boots. Don't bother to 'pick'and'mix'... they need to be fitted by a great boot fitter and matched to a boot. Buy boots (CEM) you know it makes sense wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
streaky wrote:
Hi all, I've some newbie questions regarding custom insoles. I've come across people recommending custom insoles for ski boots to improve comfort etc but I assume they were not talking about the 4.99 Super Shock Gel Absorbing insoles I can find down my local Sportsdirect :-D

A pair of those is better than what's in a hire boot. Lose the Gel, though.

streaky wrote:

....the only other ones I can think of are those Superfeet ones

Yet mo' better than what's in a hire boot.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
streaky, I don't own skis but I bought my own boots as soon as I could - way better than hire boots for my comfort and confidence. And had the custom moulded footbeds as well. I have high insteps and these give the arches support and I've found them really comfortable. Was worth the money.....and then I went back and had heater elements added so now I can have warm feet as well as well supported feet. As someone who can't function if their feet hurt I just hope the whole lot lasts for a while longer yet - and no please don't disillusion me those of you who Madeye-Smiley I'm sure know better
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's brill guys and gals, just what I was looking for! Thanks for the advice Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy